375 Stinger Factory Project Boat >

375 Stinger Factory Project Boat

Notices

375 Stinger Factory Project Boat

Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 375 Stinger Factory Project Boat

Im looking for info on my 375 stinger. I bought it as a project and was told that it was a factory project boat and that it was brought up here to Michigan to have some experimental drive boxes installed that allowed the outdrives to be mounted closer together. From what im told the project was a flop, the boxes were pulled out and the boat dissapeared, until it ended up at the repo lot......where I bought it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

let see some pics.....

any other info???
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

Default updated pics, more details

Ok here it goes, I purchased the the boat back in 2002 at a repo lot here in Grand Rapids MI. I was told by the sales rep that the motors were checked out and just needed to be reinstalled. I had just finished putting a new transom in and rigging my Donzi GT 21, so I thought easy day right? Wrong! When I picked up the motors the guys in the yard informed me that the outdrives were mounted to close together and the motors wouldnt fit. I measured it and sure enough it appeared true, buyer beware I guess. Anyways, I moved the boat to a marina where I started working on it and moved the motors to my girlfriends garage. Her neighbor noticed me moving them in (shared driveway) and we got to talking and he informed me that he was the one that did the glass work on the transom and stringers and that the boat had been a project boat sent from the factory and that they were rigging it for some quick change gear boxes that allowed the outdrives to be mounted closer together. I believe he said that the work was being done at Saber. He said that he left the project and wasnt able to see it through. He told me that he heard through the grapevine that the project was a flop considering the time and money that was spent and the actual benefit gained from these boxes. Neither he nor I had any luck locating these boxes and I ended replacing the transom and rigging it for Bravo's. I ended up not only re-rigging it, but replacing the interior, tanks, electrical etc. The pics are of its current state. When I bought it, it had a pink, teal and baby blue interior, but the exterior looked pretty much the same. I find what I know about the boat so far pretty intersting and would like to know more about the boxes and what happened to it between the time of the boxes being installed and when I bought it. I am not sure how to post pics here so I included a link to the Marina where it is located. Its under there boats for sale section and its the only Chris they have listed.

http://www.wharfmarina.com/inventory.asp?ID=265
Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I owned a 1988 375 for a short time. They are awesome looking boats in my opinion. My buddy bought it, stock 454 mags with bravos, was a real clean boat when he got it. Loved the big cabin and layout.

Were the stringers foam cored?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

The stringers were modified when I got it, and they are wood. I love these boats also. It will never be the fastest boat in the pack due to its weight and its beam, but it is definately an eye catcher with its lines. Most people cant believe that its an 88, and its a Chris Craft.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

E-rock,, can I email you about your Stinger ? I'm "Big old stinger" [email protected]
Old 07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

E-rock - do you have pictures of this boat?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hantunca
E-rock - do you have pictures of this boat?
Hatunca, I cant seem to figure out to up load pics. Here is the web address of the pics on my Facebook Page, if you still cant see them, just befriend me, theres a whole set of them. I had it listed with the Wharf but the listing expired.
http://www.facebook.com/eric.marcell...&id=1397917127