Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Deck springs for a CC 210 scorpion???? >

Deck springs for a CC 210 scorpion????

Notices

Deck springs for a CC 210 scorpion????

Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deck springs for a CC 210 scorpion????

Howdy,

I am replacing my engine lid/sun deck on my 1986 Chris Craft 210. I can't read any stickers on the old springs. I think they are a series 20 Attwood with a 13mm ball socket. The old ones are 20" in length, and have about 8" of travel. But I have no idea of what type of pressure they should be.

Any idea how much pressure these things should be? Any other ideas on what I should be looking for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered

Hi there,
If possible, can owners of any Chris Craft with a rear sun deck, get a part number off the gas springs on their boat?

I know that the 210's and 230's use the same design, but I bet there are others!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

I would love to help since you helped me out but mine don't have springs. They are cushions that sit on a ledge. It would be nice if it did have springs though.....Good luck
Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered

Maybe now that folks are getting their boats out, someone might be able to check their 210 or 230 deck struts?

Looking for a part number or gas pressure

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am picking up my new deck this week!

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fiat4Fun
Maybe now that folks are getting their boats out, someone might be able to check their 210 or 230 deck struts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am picking up my new deck this week!

Thanks,
Bob
Most of the old sundecks used 20" 40lbs per side, one of the things that manufactures learned over the years with sundecks was the ball and stud location, using a longer bracket on the sundeck side of the gas shock created pull down on the outside edges keeping the sundecks flat and prevented the wing effect or pushing on the outer ends of the sundeck making it bow up from the gas shocks.
Also, 40lbs gas shocks allowed when the sundeck got wet the shocks are stromg enough to lift the sundeck.
JR
JR
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fiat4Fun

Thanks,
Bob
Fiat4Fun

I just purchased a 1987 CC 210 LTD Scorpion and might be able to help you. I will look for the part number on my boat the next time I'm at it. I will let you know what I find.

Do you have any pictures of your boat?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Registered

THANKS

yes, I do have pictures, but not sure how to post them here?
I guess I could email them?

bob
Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

Default STILL need some advice or help?

Still looking to get a idea of pressure on the engine hatch/sun deck for the springs. I am thinking of buying some that are 80-100lbs, and if that is too much pressure, it will be hard to close!

Anyone know what pressure springs they have on their engine cover, or a part number?

I appreciate what ever input I can get.
Bob