Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark

Notices

Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark

Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDS
Lovely Hasse! Now, you are probably the fastest - we may see the test in June

(Härligt Hasse! Nu blir du nog snabbast - vi får se på testet i juni)
Old 05-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default 202

Sounds GOOD!!! But is it;s bark worse than it's BITE.We shall see LOL.JOHN
Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

HDS
That is one awesome Stinger!
Had mine out this past weekend and it runs strong, but I would have to say yours is really BAD ASS!
Nice headers, I have switchable exhaust and i ran it out the sides so could prevent the back wash and i am able to still use the sundeck.
I will try to get some pics up this week!
John Russell
Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Aight thus far new gauges are here, have one side of the glass work done, tom it is on to the next side, taking the seat to my upholstery guy tom.. I have to say the orig glass work is far from good(lol) The stuff i have put back however is like a brick wall, I do not see it going anywhere.. Its getting close but still a work left.. Pics to come

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 05-25-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Still in the testing process, need to swap my drive out for a 1.68 gear ratio to pull out a few more mph, and still full of sand, sand is comming out, about 50% of it anyhow.
Just trying to get the ambition to shimmy in there and cut out the foam and dig iut the sand!
Handles waves terrible at hi speeds in semi rough water, nose dive even with full trim.
Sand has to come out! \
Most may know the sand needs to come out, just sharing my experiance.
JR
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Registered

Default stinger sand

man i never new about the sand.... my boat i love how it leaves the waves it clean and perfect..... i think once you take the sand out it will hand like a 22 scarab not good..... a buddy has a 1996 22 scarbe and my stinger runs the same speed 65mph.... and I know what your talking about the nose staying down.. it comes back in the water flat wich i love that its perdictable.... with no sand in the nose you hit a bad wave fast you better hold on tight...i like to still see the water when i jump waves and not the sky lol!!!!!!! let me know if it is better or worse on the handling!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Registered

Default stinger emblams

Yes does anybody know were i can get a number 2 in the 222 stinger emblam.... its the plastic number 2 i need just 1 #2 so i can complete my restoration or do you know someone that can make me brad new exact match if i send them my letters and numbers OR is ther a junk stinger out there some one might have
Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sting87222
man i never new about the sand.... my boat i love how it leaves the waves it clean and perfect..... i think once you take the sand out it will hand like a 22 scarab not good..... a buddy has a 1996 22 scarbe and my stinger runs the same speed 65mph.... and I know what your talking about the nose staying down.. it comes back in the water flat wich i love that its perdictable.... with no sand in the nose you hit a bad wave fast you better hold on tight...i like to still see the water when i jump waves and not the sky lol!!!!!!! let me know if it is better or worse on the handling!!!!!!!!
Hey sting222
I think the sweet spot (FOR ME) will be taking out half the sand, but i will test and let you know.
I am not much of a wave jumper, but I do like my boats to run nose up (not to high) at high speeds and i like good quick trim response, as of right now the trim response is poor and the nose runs to flat (almost down), almost pivots on its center of gravity at high speeds, not a good feeling either, i want to bring the center of gravity back just a little, and I may change the hull and add after pods extending the running surface aft to the end of the shear, and remove the sand completely.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered

Sorry Fenderjack!
Well 100 mph?
Pics?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default 202

Originally Posted by EASY WAKE
Sorry Fenderjack!
Well 100 mph?
Pics?
EASY WAKE What is the question Is it you don't think the boat mine or anybody elses will do 100 mph??? or that you don't think we can do 100 mph,I never stated that we are doing 100mph (YET) but I do think the boat is capable of that speed,and that's what we are shooting for with the box,280tabs external steering and a m3 procharged healthy injected small block.Bolster seats,(got thrown out before)and reinforced bottom and stringers.What pic's do you want.Thanks JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 05-27-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.