Hello Everyone Stinger 260 Owner >

Hello Everyone Stinger 260 Owner

Notices

Hello Everyone Stinger 260 Owner

Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone Stinger 260 Owner

Love this site, soo much info...wanted to stop by and say hello..
Currently own a Stinger 260 with T-350 Merc vortecs 490hrs and 502hrs respectively Alpha 1 drives..I live in Kissimmee near Orlando Fl..Would be interested in some boating events once my boat is sorted out..
I have owned it for about 3 months and sad to say that i have had bad experience with mechanics..Used it once got it to about 45mph when noticed it was white smoke and overheating on the port side.. took it to a boat mechanic and changed the head gasket after he charged me $1000+ went out on the lake and noticed motor would not go past 3800rpm and white smoke started spewing out and oil..Sux..No mixture of water and oil from what i have noticed..Through all this i still love looking at this boat, so i will invest some money to have it in great condition..Luckily for me the stringers were done when the motors were replaced to vortecs as the previous owner told me..

I want to start fresh just dont know where to start i would like to get some reman 350's build my current ones or 454's would like to have good power maybe close 70mph..of course budgeting in mind would like to go the most economical route..Also if i build or go with more power out of the 350's or change to 454's should i look into changing out the Alphas for Bravos??

thanks for reading...some pics of her..

P.S. My Father in Law got a lil drunk and painted Miami Vice on the boat super funny story..but need to take that off somehow..

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...odman/Stinger/
Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

if you go 454, you'll need to switch for bravos... so get your 350 healthy, if you want more speed, change your boat, it's gonna be cheaper on the long run ! I've also had a stinger !