Chris Cat interior redo. >

Chris Cat interior redo.

Notices

Chris Cat interior redo.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chris Cat interior redo.

Well thanks to a recent tornado (along with high winds and some hail) my boat is now getting a new interior! Gonna take a few months to get everything done, my interior guy is back logged 2 months, so in the mean time things might spiral into a complete resto (maybe lol). As it sits interior needs redone, I have to swap one transmission, and replace a transom seal on that same side as well.

Here are some pics. First two are of when I bought her 3 years ago, last one is when I started to pull her apart sunday. I'll take some more monday when we pull the motor. Until then enjoy!

Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

nice project!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of buying an '85. Fortunately it doesn't need any major resto work....yet I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bigo181979
Well thanks to a recent tornado (along with high winds and some hail) my boat is now getting a new interior! Gonna take a few months to get everything done, my interior guy is back logged 2 months, so in the mean time things might spiral into a complete resto (maybe lol). As it sits interior needs redone, I have to swap one transmission, and replace a transom seal on that same side as well.
Cool project...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered

Thanks guys. This boat has been a love hate relationship. Worked great the first year and then just fell apart on me after that.... but I guess that's how it goes with a 25 year old boat. Shes been off the water the last two seasons due to a divorce and tight finances but thanks to mother nature and being single again its time to put her back to her old glory!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered

Stay with it, it will be awesome. They are cool boats esp when updated a little IMO.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Very Nice Classic Chris Craft you have there.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Well had a couple buddies meet me out at the shop last night. managed to get the sun deck off, pulled a motor so we can replace the transmission, took the ugly decals off the side, dranks a few beers and talked about paint jobs... Now I am waiting on parts to show up so I can put the motor back in. In the mean time I'll probably take some more of the interior apart and start taking the rub rail off. It's amazing how much faster it goes when you have 2 people helping you out!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered

Not to much to show, but my buddy got all my new LED lights, electric trailer brakes, and breakaway kit all wired up and installed today. Looking pretty cool, now I got to paint it (to match the boat) after I am done painting the boat and I get it back in the water and off the trailer.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bigo: I see you have # 2 speed masters and no spacers. How is that Cat to get up on plane?

Who is doing your interior. Mine's original too, need to have it redone.

Wannabe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.