1984 CC Scorpion 230 >

1984 CC Scorpion 230

Notices

1984 CC Scorpion 230

Old 12-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 CC Scorpion 230

Hello all. New here to the forum. I've been snooping around online since I've acquired my scorpion 230. It seems there's a shortage of rock solid information out there. I simply want to gather as much information on my new money pit as I can. So I thought I'd start with something easy that I can't find. How can I figure out what the "sub model" of my scorpion is. As far as I can see its a pretty original boat with only some cosmetic and motor work done. Mercruiser 260 with an alpha one and 3 blade SS prop. Is it an ltd? Sl? XL?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

check out chris craft stingers website

www.chriscraftstingers.com
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Thanks, I took a look at that site. From what I gather, the scorps and stingers have a lot of the same features. But still didn't get anything solid except fuel capacity (60 gal) and base price in 1984 (23695). I'm just going to assume mine is the base model(S). No toilet or sink in the cuddy, two chairs and a bench seat. No hydraulic trim tabs. Teak swim step in place of the sweet looking fiberglass job. I can't wait to get this thing in the St. Lawrence.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered

I have some cosmetic work to do before the summer. Looking to replace some of the plywood backing in the upholstery. Marine grade plywood maybe? Fiber glass? I don't know.. Something that will take and hold a staple. I'm not looking for a cheap fix rather quality and resale friendly. Anything I can do to up a potential resale value. Bench seat in the back also has some rotten plywood and cracked vinyl. Looking to replace it. Paint looks original. I'm guessing it's lacquer but theres no cracks in it. Is it some type of enamel? Compound and buff friendly or am I wasting my time? Happy hunting. -Dillon in NE Penna.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to "Han" at the Stinger site. Give him your HIN and he can look up the info your looking for from the HIM number.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Woodshed, if it were a limited it would say it on the back and on the cabin hatch top. That's been my experience on mine and all the ones I've seen. The Stinger has a flatter deck than the stepped on the Scorpion also. Let's see some pics!