top gun holding tank >

top gun holding tank

Notices

top gun holding tank

Old 10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: top gun holding tank

I just had to cut the one out of the Gun that I am re-doing. It was too big to fit through the hole but I could get a sawzall in there. I spent the next weekend with bleach, lysol and a hose! It`s much better now though. I think that a larger tank could be custom fitted in there, little taller at least.
If I do replace all the components I will fab one up myself out of 0.125 5052 aluminum instead of the 0.90 that was in there. I have been considering cutting down the area where the head was mounted and putting in and enclosure so I could mount a porta potty in there. I guess that there is just something about hauling around a sewer system that I don`t like.
Here are a couple of pictures. One is of a gun that I looked at a couple of years ago that had been converted and one of my nightmare.
Attached Thumbnails top gun holding tank-mvc-036s.jpg   top gun holding tank-top-gun-holding-tank-001-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Docmanrich37 came up with a 25 gallon bladder for his Active Thunder. Our ATs came with 6 gallon holding tanks that you have to pump out. Apparently he needs more than that. I think he paid $300 for the bladder and it is about as thick as a car tire.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced one in a 93 gun and yep, you have to cut it out and RDS does still make them. Jabsco I think makes the pump. We redid the whole thing except the bowl.

I put in an access door so if anyone ever had to replace it they could remove the door and get the tank out. That had to be the worst designed system ever. Rather than replace it going to a porta potty and hooking into the pump out would have been the way to go.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Need some help...we have never used our bathroom or water system for that matter. Long story short my friend poured water into the sink. Tried pumping it out yesterday with no success. Added some water and still nothing. Is there a valve that needs to be opened prior to pumping? Again not familiar with the system.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Need some help...we have never used our bathroom or water system for that matter. Long story short my friend poured water into the sink. Tried pumping it out yesterday with no success. Added some water and still nothing. Is there a valve that needs to be opened prior to pumping? Again not familiar with the system.
Sink drains out the side of the boat..
Old 09-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Sink drains out the side of the boat..
thanks for the info...in the future should we use the holding tank...is there any special process (I.e. valves that need to be open) in order to pump it out? we tried sucking it out and we didn’t see anything. No antifreeze nothing was coming out. Thanks
Old 09-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

No holding tank for sink, the head there is, you can pump out at a marina by sucking it out from the hull fitting, there is also a dump out hull but not supposed to do that unless 12 miles offshore..
Old 03-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
No holding tank for sink, the head there is, you can pump out at a marina by sucking it out from the hull fitting, there is also a dump out hull but not supposed to do that unless 12 miles offshore..
another question on this topic...is there a valve on the waste water tank that would allow water to drain into the bilge? Tried filling it with antifreeze only to have it drain into the bilge...or is it likely rotted and need to be replaced? It drained fast which made me think that there was possibly a valve that was open.