Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
How much to redo.....your opinion. >

How much to redo.....your opinion.

Notices

How much to redo.....your opinion.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default How much to redo.....your opinion.

Need some opinions on cost to make over a boat. Having never done this before I would like some feedback.

Take a look at this ad and notice the guages, controls and so on.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5977.html

How much do you think it would run to completely white out the dash, new guages, controls, handles, steering wheel, switches white out bilge, and new swim platform?

I'm trying to cost justify some things in my head.

I feel this is what this boat would need to be appealing to me.

PS...This is for you OldSchool.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 07-30-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: How much to redo.....your opinion.

trickmarine.net

call fred

id say $5k
Old 07-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is an 88 in LI for sale you could get for around 7-8k, has some hull issues but has lots of parts, all whit dash and gaffrig gauges, could be worth it just for the parts, i have pics
Old 07-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
There is an 88 in LI for sale you could get for around 7-8k, has some hull issues but has lots of parts, all whit dash and gaffrig gauges, could be worth it just for the parts, i have pics
Is that the one you were looking at redoing? I remember seeing pics of it.

Buck
Old 07-31-2005, 05:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
trickmarine.net

call fred

id say $5k
Just in parts but probably more with the swim platform. All depends if your doing this yourself or paying somebody. As far as labor, I would have no idea on that. I've redone 2 Bulletts in the past 5 years head to toe & they are really not that difficult. The parts are a killer!
Good luck on your decision.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Buck, I've been looking at that one for awhile now too. Looks like a nice boat. I'm thinking $5-7K for what you want to do. As long as it's a solid runner, you can do it a little at a time. You don't want to get it done too fast, then you'd have to sell it and move on to another project. How many times has "Too Old" done that...
Old 07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
I'm trying to cost justify some things in my head...
We all are...
Old 07-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
We all are...
LOL...I hear ya G.

Here's where I'm coming from.

As you all know I am currently boatless. To say the least it's eating at me in a bad way. The last year is the first time in my 35 yrs of existence that I have not been to the lake every weekend of the summer.

I REALLY have my eyes set on a Bullet for some reason. The ones that seem to jump out at me have been updated with the things I mentioned here on this thread. Those boats seem to be going about 20-30k more than the boat I linked to. Those prices are probably going to be pushing it just a little for me when factoring in current operating costs like todays fuel prices. IF this boat has sound motors and checks out everywhere else I can justify the purchase with an additional 5k or so investment to get it where it appeals to me. These Bullets look timeless when updated properly IMO.

Does that make sense to anyone? Like GLH said I guess it doesn't have to.

Buck
Old 07-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Buck....I can give you smokin' prices on gauges and controls.

The panels can be removed and powdercoated or you can spring for new.

The majority of the work you can do yourself. I've done a couple projects myself and would be happy to give you some ideas on where you can save some bucks.

There's nothing really wrong with Zero Effort controls. Depending on your buget, you can skip the new billet pace controls, pull the exsisting and shoot them in Imron yourself or send them to the powder coater.

Just my initial thoughts...... For fun, I'll put together a total price including new white panel, all new Livorsi Gauges, bezels and a steering wheel with new new billet hub.
I'll work off the photo in the ad. Addititionally, I'll price all new switch covers in white.

I'll list out the parts and a total cost. Should be an interesting exercise.

Fred
Fred,

While I'm honored that you are willing to do that I wouldn't waste your time right now. By the time I get it through my head to make the purchase and a the deal goes through it would be late summer when it's done. Factor in winter storage and my ability to procrastinate it would be next year before I would need any parts. At least I'm not lying to myself.

If it makes you feel any better I wouldn't lose any sleep over me going anywhere else for my parts if it does happen. You would be the one to put the deal together for me without a doubt.

BUT, if you're just that damn bored and you want to give yourself some more advertising feel free to do something.

I have no problem tackling something like this myself. I have a funny feeling that my profession will give me all the skills I need to do this myself.

You da man,

Buck
Old 07-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Steve_H

Buck,

This could be a hell of a buy.

98 mph Gun

might go cheap!

Quick Reply: How much to redo.....your opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.