Cig Tiger question?

Notices

Cig Tiger question?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cig Tiger question?

Originally Posted by Half Nutz
This rig belongs to a very good friend of mine. It sees low 70's. Not to argue with you Brandon I just know what it does now. We run together often and my GPS will always read 70 - 72 when we run them out.

As for the trailer not having a bow stop. He will tie strap it forward and down to keep it secure. This eliminate any chance of rub marks on the hull from the stop. I have since moved my stop forward and just use the winch.

The trailer manufacturer will sell the bow stop complete for about $ 150.00.

Dan Burtscher
Dan do you know who manufactured the trailer? I'm still trying to sell my 382 so I don't want to get over excited as of yet, but just doing a little homework on the boat.

Thanks for the help everyone.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
Lonestar
Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

Trailer was manufactured by Loadmaster here in ohio.
Wheels are alcoa and all LED lights

Dan
Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

I'm not familiar with them. Looks like a good looking setup, but I sure wish it was a Myco. Now if I can just move my formula I can look harder
Old 08-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

Loadmaster has been around for a long time here on lake erie and they built a nice trailer. The reason it's not a myco is because Greg had some specific things he wanted and wanted to be able to go to the factory and explain.

This trailer has an electric jack, heavy duty grating for foot walks and the aformentioned lack of bow stop.

Greg washes it everytime he takes the boat out. Good luck on your formula.

Dan
Old 08-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lonestar382
I'm not familiar with them. Looks like a good looking setup, but I sure wish it was a Myco.

Myco has done great with their marketing but they aren't the only company that makes a great trailer. I've seen plenty of sweet custom trailers that weren't built by Myco, and I have a Myco.

Myco definitely builds a killer trailer and if you can get one it's a bonus. I wouldn't let a different brand be a deal breaker though as long as it has the options you need. The trailer under that Tiger sounds really nice from what Dan has said.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered

I have been told by a few people that Load Master is a great trailer. They are built out of c channel steel just like a Myco.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lonestar382
I'm not familiar with them. Looks like a good looking setup, but I sure wish it was a Myco. Now if I can just move my formula I can look harder
Look out Lonestar! That Tiger has my interest too and I already sold my Formula back in April!

Jokes aside, I don't think the boss will spring for a budget increase on a boat right now. It won't keep me from trying though!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

The trailer set-up looks like he has a threaded turn buckle in place of the bow strap.

I have a Loadmaster trailer and they are steel c channel. Great trailer and great warrenty.

ed
Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Look out Lonestar! That Tiger has my interest too and I already sold my Formula back in April!

Jokes aside, I don't think the boss will spring for a budget increase on a boat right now. It won't keep me from trying though!
You should step in to another formula.

I think I know of one for sale that is loaded
Besides, Cigarette is over-rated who would want one of those anyway

Lonestar
Old 08-18-2005, 07:06 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet ride indeed.

My guess is this ride with this power must see 70 GPS only in pristine condition for speed (low gas, 3 ft waves and Kate Moss driving & throttling). Having an extended CG cabin costs about 2-3 mph, a fact that was told to me by Phil when I was considering extending my cabin and observed often in me running with Niel/drypipetgr and Bob/Ottis311. These boat are EXTREMELLY sensitive to weight distribution past the cockpit bulkhead. Of course this only applies when it is cat weather out there.

If you put forced induction whatever the brand and get to 680 hp as mentionned my guess is you'l get in the high 70's but I doubt you would hit 80.

I have rafted with Niel's rig once when we were both full of gas and Niel's rig was sitting 1-1/2" lower in the water at the front of the cockpit.

I doubt the boxes would help speed wise and my humble opinion is that it might hurt handeling.

As a comparison I am now running close to 680 HP per side and hit 81 mph in ideal condition and 79 everyday, in fresh water.

You'll never be the fastest in the 70's on any boating spot these days in normal weather but as soon as the "sh!t" rolls in you'll be at the front, partly cause most people will not go out or will not be able to run as flat on in serious water. I will also tell you the running 75 in PR on small lakes with lots of traffic waves will put you in a respectable spot. Those rides eat waves up.

Good Luck with your shopping, hope this helps, all of this is obviously just my humble opinion running my ride for the last two years in slowly augmenting power output. One last thing... make sure you have XR's at least.
Attached Thumbnails Cig Tiger question?-img_0700-mr.jpg   Cig Tiger question?-dsc00886.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cig Tiger question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.