Selling the TG >

Selling the TG

Notices

Selling the TG

Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling the TG

Made the decision last week to get serious and sell the Top Gun. I love the Gun and have had Cig's for the past 13 years. Great boat, looks great and runs great. Both Cig's have turned a lot of heads and got a lot of compliments over the years. I have always taken a lot of pride owning a Cigarette. Last night we took a cruise (in the cat) to Kellys and there sat my old Cafe' Racer. The guy completely refinished the boat and it looked better than I ever could dream. In fact, better than new! He is as proud as a new father. Having a Cig is belonging to a family.

There are several reasons backing my decision to sell. Speed, ride, comfort and my other half. Erika chomps at the opportunity to cruise in the cat 24/7. However, when it comes to riding in the CIG, she rather stay home and watch reality TV programs. There is nothing that will ruin your day faster then your first mate not wanting to go boating. I am not putting this all off on her, she is spoiled but so am I.

This decision did not crop up overnight. We have had both the Cig and Cat in various poker runs over several years. Last weekend was the crowning blow. There were 45 boats in the poker run. We took the cat. We were the last out of the blocks on the first leg. This was also the first river run in which we ever participated. This was really interesting because it provided a close up perspective of every boat, captain and crew as we glided up the river. We slowly picked our way through the strung out line of boats as we watched them bounce, chine walk, the bows being pushed by the wakes and crews hanging on. Even with all of that everybody was smiling, waving and having great fun.

We worked our way to the front of the pack which consisted of several Cig's, another cat and a Fountain. These guys were all in clean water and having a great run. A couple were also chine walking, porpoising and hanging on with their knuckles to the dashboard or hands gripping handles.

I spent that time referencing the comfort of the crews(including mine), the cruise speeds and the stability of the boats as we were gliding along effortlessly cruising.

So, therefore, the Cig is on the auction block.
I am sure the day will come when I will see her sitting somewhere and have plenty of fond memories. I sank a ton of money into the Cig in paint, power and drives. To make it reasonable I have decided to offer it without power and drives or any combination that would fit the buyer's needs.

At this point I am still part of the Cigarette family. If and when it ever sells I will always have respect and love for Cigarettes.

I do not want to be impetuous and imply Cats's are better. They are just better for the style of boating that I presently prefer.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Selling the TG

ya will be missed

jr
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure which Cig you own, but I was on last weekends poker run on the 43 BT. Your Cat looked awesome ! You snuck up on us in the Livingston channel on our starboard side and passed us like we were sitting still! We all ducked because we thought your spray was going to shower us, but we stayed dry! It was an awesome sight. Good luck with Pure Adrenalin... and just remeber all the good memories on the Cig!
Mike
Old 09-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So, EC39, where's the link to the ad?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

EC39 saw you and your gal at spinakers when i was buying my cig from Lip Ship, your cig is awsome and the power is unreal, anyone would be proud to own such a beutiful piece. Good luck

Wild
Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
So, EC39, where's the link to the ad?
I will place it at the end of the month. Want to get some updated pictures with the new drives and power.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

expresscat39
(You cannot put a price on entertainment or happiness)
HOW TRUE !
LS

Last edited by lucky strike; 09-17-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

What power and drives are you running? What year?? I've seen pictures of your Gun and it is beautiful!!!

ps...this thread sucks without pictures!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

97 Kevlar.
about 15 hours on 540's / 700's / 770 torque lbs
TNT custom XR uppers, sportmaster lowers, IMCO guts.
30 pitch new 4 blade mercs.

About 145 total hours on hull.
Attached Thumbnails Selling the TG-sotw2.jpg   Selling the TG-mvc-760f.jpg  
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by expresscat39
97 Kevlar.
about 15 hours on 540's / 700's / 770 torque lbs
TNT custom XR uppers, sportmaster lowers, IMCO guts.
30 pitch new 4 blade mercs.

About 145 total hours on hull.
Beautiful!! Good luck selling her!

Quick Reply: Selling the TG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.