Staggered Gladiator >

Staggered Gladiator

Notices

Staggered Gladiator

Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
you guys are funny I can bet i bought & sold more boats than most (if not all)
9-Cigarettes
3-Sutphens
1-Mirage
1-Bertram Baron
1-Wellcraft
1-Magnum
2 Fountains

Thats just the offshore boats.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
9-Cigarettes
3-Sutphens
1-Mirage
1-Bertram Baron
1-Wellcraft
1-Magnum
2 Fountains

Thats just the offshore boats.
wow glad i said most!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by customryder
wow glad i said most!!!
I probably have a few years head start on you.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Dreamer,
I would have to say I agree and disagree with you. I have been in certain situations trying to acquire certain things and always looking for the "safe" deal or the "too good to pass up deal" and alot of times I ended up without anything. Nobody needs a performance boat and lets face it, as much as you don't want it to be an emotional purchase, it almost always ends up to be emotional. I don't blame anyone for waiting in todays market, but very rarely will you get a beautiful boat for a give away price or too good to pass up price. Sometimes, you just have to pay a little more than your conservative side will allow. And, if you can't get emotional about it, you don't deserve the boat. I can remember how upset you were when you lost that deal on the Glad and I am sure Jeff goes to bed at night thinking about what he could see himself running in this summer. Keep looking for the right deal, but if anything is even close, go for it. Life is too short to worry about a little depreciation on something that can bring you alot of joy. And,........ its good for the economy, or whats left of it.

Last edited by pm203; 03-05-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Dreamer,
I would have to say I agree and disagree with you. I have been in certain situations trying to acquire certain things and always looking for the "safe" deal or the "too good to pass up deal" and alot of times I ended up without anything. Nobody needs a performance boat and lets face it, as much as you don't want it to be an emotional purchase, it almost always ends up to be emotional. I don't blame anyone for waiting in todays market, but very rarely will you get a beautiful boat for a give away price or too good to pass up price. Sometimes, you just have to pay a little more than your conservative side will allow. And, if you can't get emotional about it, you don't deserve the boat. I can remember how upset you were when you lost that deal on the Glad and I am sure Jeff goes to bed at night thinking about what he could see himself running in this summer. Keep looking for the right deal, but if anything is even close, go for it. Life is too short to worry about a little depreciation on something that can bring you alot of joy. And, its good for the economy, or whats left of it.
Well said.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

little depreciation is ok... 30% in 6 months isnt

i have a possible trade on the 28ss for a 33cig cc....

headed to miami next week for the last hurrah.... april to south america and may is time to start boating in ohio
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
if he got one then he would have been way upside down now

150k zrc boat i offered 125k in spring and LAUGHED AT FOR LOW BALLING now asking 100k.... im soooo lucky... i offered that couple of weeks before the fpc runs i had poker run fever

now i just want more for my 125k

only deal i regret is the glad that i DID have a 10k deposit on and a contract and was awaiting delivery when dealersold it out from under me to a friend of a board member that has never been revealed to me
some good your deposit did..
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

customryder
I listen to everyone here talk about the boats they missed out on. My point is that if you want a boat badly enough than you have to show your serious. Like the saying goes "money talks and bullsh-t walks". If you dont leave deposits than thats your thing but dont get upset when the deal passes you by. And if you think your comment on owning more boats than most of us makes you a better man you are mistaken. Just to check your ego,

2001 35 fountain 500's
2002 29 fountain 350's
2002 42 fountain 575's
2000 30 mystique 500's
2003 36 gladiator 525's
oh yeah, and I am 30 years old so when I am your age we could check back in with each other to compare lists again.

Last edited by bmanafort; 03-06-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMA,

Nice stable of boats..You are well on your way to happiness..Boating is an addiction and to own one that you enjoy is priceless..But, point well made...If serious, put up the Bucks and then we can Talk..
Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by joefitness123
BMA,

Nice stable of boats..You are well on your way to happiness..Boating is an addiction and to own one that you enjoy is priceless..But, point well made...If serious, put up the Bucks and then we can Talk..
so let me get this stright, your not showing anyone your boat or talking price intill they put up a deposit? ? ?

Quick Reply: Staggered Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.