How many 28 SS's are there? >

How many 28 SS's are there?

Notices

How many 28 SS's are there?

Old 06-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: How many 28 SS's are there?

BajaFresh: Sent you an e-mail. You talking about these?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/4/84488364.htm

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/1/84414461.htm
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone that is interested in the boats listed by damdonzi let me know and i'll be more then happy to go check them out for you

jr mike
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

If theres 200 or so, where are they all? In the last five or six years I would guess theres been about 30 or 40 different ones for sale, maybe less. If they built them for 13 years ('73-'86) that would be about 15 per year. I own an '85 and know of only one other '85 (Thrillseekers) and one '86. Anyone see any others around your area? I think I own the only one in the Tampa Bay area. Heres a pic.
Attached Thumbnails How many 28 SS's are there?-shawna-pics-099.jpg  
Old 06-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

sssssswwwWWWEEETT

Mike
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dave...the boat looks great!

When i was redoing my 28SS, i created thunderboatalley.com and collected hundreds of photos from the internet so i could refer back to them while i was working on mine. I never really counted how many boats I had pictures of, but judging by my work back then and the realization that there are ALOT more out there that have not reached the internet, i'm guess ing 200 is a reasonable number. I still see some popping up here and ther on LI...in just the past month, I've seen 2 new 28s in back yards that I never new existed...I can think of at least 6 that I've seen on the water on LI that have never seen the internet...

as far as the mid-late 80s is concerned, Cigarette did not build many 28s...The majority were built in the 70s...

Last edited by Sean; 06-14-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sean,
Sounds like LI has a bunch of them. Your restoration was incredible. It also had my favorite paintjob. Did you notice a big difference with the bravos and change of center if gravity? I'm doing lots of restoration/updating to mine now and eventually bravos might be in the picture. I think Konrads would be too heavy.
Just so you classic lovers know, one thing I will never do is change the paintjob on mine.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Heres another picture.
This picture was taken before any work was done.
Updates include new Stainlessmarine exhaust (so the tips don't stick out so far) New stainless steel dash panels with Auto-Meter Pro Comp guages, Lots of new stuff for the motors but I still might build a couple better ones, custom built race hatches, lots of paint on the hardware and every electrical wire and throttle/shift/indicator cable replaced and many other things.
Attached Thumbnails How many 28 SS's are there?-dscn0420.jpg  
Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Sean,
Sounds like LI has a bunch of them. Your restoration was incredible. It also had my favorite paintjob. Did you notice a big difference with the bravos and change of center if gravity? I'm doing lots of restoration/updating to mine now and eventually bravos might be in the picture. I think Konrads would be too heavy.
Just so you classic lovers know, one thing I will never do is change the paintjob on mine.
mine was/is still all white as far as i know...not sure if you are being serious or have my old boat confused with another 28... personally, i like all white with some accents in the upholstery like i did mine... my 20 is going to stay original...red hull, white deck and i'm going to do a white interior with a few accents.

your boat is looking great, glad to hear you are keeping it original...and you have the book it is in right?

as far as bravos on the 28, i dont have a frame of reference...i bought the boat completely stripped for $1200 in 98 everyone thought i was crazy!

I think Ted added tabs to mine after he bought it and apparently handling was improved. for what it's worth, i was able to get the boat on plane with one motor(ran them out of fuel on one tank, switched over to the other and couldn get the port motor started). i also feel it handled well without the tabs, but agree that tabs would benefit the boat in a crosswind and in rough water...

that boat still is and will always be my favorite...it was just a great all-around boat...good in rough water, easily trailerable and very manuverable...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was serious about the paint on yours. I love an all white boat, it really helps you appriciate the lines of the boat.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
I was serious about the paint on yours. I love an all white boat, it really helps you appriciate the lines of the boat.
Exactly!

Quick Reply: How many 28 SS's are there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.