Anyone know this boat?

Notices

Anyone know this boat?

Old 08-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone know this boat?

Originally Posted by thisistank
Is it this one? I just got it off of Cumberlands web site. They are notorious for keeping boats that are gone up on their website.

http://pictures.dealer.com/lakecumbe...dc0050f657.jpg

http://pictures.dealer.com/lakecumbe...dc44283374.jpg

http://pictures.dealer.com/lakecumbe...dc1128fa70.jpg
That boat was owned by Ray Genick from Michigan who now owns my old Cigarette Super V. That boat runs 96 mph, has staggered NA motors and 6's. Its a beast!! Randy is in that boat for about $85k.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered

Tank,

Yes I think the white one sunk recently. I saw it advertised a few months with the picture of it still on the lift in Harbor Beach. I heard it was now on a salvage site but I did not see it.

My friend does not have a huge checkbook but does most of the work himself. This boat is one of a few with the room needed in the engine compartment to full stagger the Lambo V-12 motors.

He ran a pair in his old boat for years so he knows them fairly well. It is a huge project as the boat is totally stripped.

J-Bonz

Not that one but close. It is white with green purple and and blue. The cig logo is green outline, blue background and purple number 1.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpressure
Tank,

Yes I think the white one sunk recently. I saw it advertised a few months with the picture of it still on the lift in Harbor Beach. I heard it was now on a salvage site but I did not see it.

My friend does not have a huge checkbook but does most of the work himself. This boat is one of a few with the room needed in the engine compartment to full stagger the Lambo V-12 motors.

He ran a pair in his old boat for years so he knows them fairly well. It is a huge project as the boat is totally stripped.

J-Bonz

Not that one but close. It is white with green purple and and blue. The cig logo is green outline, blue background and purple number 1.
Not having alot of money and lambo motors should not be in the same paragraph........
Old 08-25-2006, 02:47 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought the other one was all grey. Jeff knew the owner of that one.
It was listed here on OSO, and the pics were of it on a lift.
Is that the one that is being claimed as sunk?
Old 08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Registered

I think that boat was white with gray interior. Maybe kind of looked gray. That is the one I was told had sunk. It was on OSO.

He ran those Lambo motors for about eight or nine years. He just loves the way they sound and perform. You know how a dream goes.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that all white 42 hasn't been on the lift for awhile . The guy use to take the props off.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 2,982 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Yeah, I noticed that all white 42 hasn't been on the lift for awhile . The guy use to take the props off.
It is the white one with grey interior that Cheng had listed on OSO.

Good idea to take your props off even if the boat is on the lift. You should see my prop shafts from the guy that owned the boat before me. He kept it on a lift in Ft. Lauderdale and never took the props off. Salt water tends to find all those little nooks and crannies.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
It is the white one with grey interior that Cheng had listed on OSO.

Good idea to take your props off even if the boat is on the lift. You should see my prop shafts from the guy that owned the boat before me. He kept it on a lift in Ft. Lauderdale and never took the props off. Salt water tends to find all those little nooks and crannies.
I have a feeling he took his props off becuase he never really used the boat. I know a lot of people who keep the props on their boat in South Florida when it's on a lift. You would get the same salt if you kept it in a dry stack, all you need to do is fresh water everything down. No problems here

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 08-26-2006 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 08-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

LS jr.

Anyone with number 3, 4, 5, or 6's must take the props off after each saltwater run. They will rust unbelievably fast. I remove mine each time, clean thouroughly, then grease the crap out of them. The first time you don't you won't be happy.
The voice of experience speaking here.

Different story on Bravo butt (as M. M. would say) or the TRS. My old Fountain was fine once or twice a year, it had TRS. Same with my old 28 with a Bravo. Different metals would be my guess.

When you see the costs of the big prop shafts you would elect to do the same. Real pain in the nuts though.

Carl
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2,982 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
LS jr.

Anyone with number 3, 4, 5, or 6's must take the props off after each saltwater run. They will rust unbelievably fast. I remove mine each time, clean thouroughly, then grease the crap out of them. The first time you don't you won't be happy.
The voice of experience speaking here.

Different story on Bravo butt (as M. M. would say) or the TRS. My old Fountain was fine once or twice a year, it had TRS. Same with my old 28 with a Bravo. Different metals would be my guess.

When you see the costs of the big prop shafts you would elect to do the same. Real pain in the nuts though.

Carl
Exactly correct. My shafts on the 3A's are pitted and you can see one side is pitted more than the other (assumably the side that was facing down where the water collected). The guy rarely used our boat and took great care of it, just didn't really take the props off for the 9 years it sat on the hoist out there.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.