Cig Battery ???

Notices

Cig Battery ???

Old 09-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cig Battery ???

Need to double check I've lost my mind here. When both switches are turned to #1 the starboard engine draws from the front starboard battery. The port engine draws from rear battery on starboard side. The singe battery on the port side is the "#2" battery. Correct ?

Also, what group size and specs recomended ?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Cig Battery ???

Stan, this is prob. no help to you but my Bullet came with 2 31 class batteries. I think 900 amps each. Deep Cycle.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

My old Bullet (and the current TG) both have two batteries. If you read the panel where the batt. switches are located, it will tell you that to run each engine off of its own battery...you put each switch on "1". Putting one switch on 1 and the other on 2 runs both engines off of one battery. It also says that if you run both switches on "both" it will hurt the alternators.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
My old Bullet (and the current TG) both have two batteries. If you read the panel where the batt. switches are located, it will tell you that to run each engine off of its own battery...you put each switch on "1". Putting one switch on 1 and the other on 2 runs both engines off of one battery. It also says that if you run both switches on "both" it will hurt the alternators.
Switch on 1 and 1. But curious to know which battery powers each engine. You have 3 batts ?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cig1988
Switch on 1 and 1. But curious to know which battery powers each engine. You have 3 batts ?
I have 2 batt.

No idea on which goes to each engine, but it wouldn't be too hard to find out with a voltmeter and one engine running!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My Bullet & my T/G have 2 batts....cant help ya with the 3rd
Old 09-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
It also says that if you run both switches on "both" it will hurt the alternators.

REALLY!? Sh!t, I always run them on both so they both get a good charge. when I'm chillin' for a few hours listening to tunes, I always turn one switch to off and the other to 1.

so you're saying you can run them both in the "1" position and each motor will charge a seperate battery? Interesting......
Old 09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

Need to double check I've lost my mind here. When both switches are turned to #1 the starboard engine draws from the front starboard battery. The port engine draws from rear battery on starboard side. The singe battery on the port side is the "#2" battery. Correct ?

Also, what group size and specs recomended ?
Let me know when you figure it out, my gun has the same 3 battery set up.

I run them on 1 and 1 and they correspond to the port and startboard engines but I am not sure which battery is which and I have no idea what the 3rd one does

We started to track it down last winter and lost interest. Batteries stay charged and everything works so I've kind of ignored it.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank

so you're saying you can run them both in the "1" position and each motor will charge a seperate battery? Interesting......

Here's what you do Tank. Put on your "reading" glasses and get down on the floor. Lift the door to access the battery switches. Read what it says. It is small print....but that's what it said on my Bullet and TG.

Craig

PS- not sure about the three battery setup, but I would assume that the 3rd batt. is either wired onto one of the two switches unless you guys have thre switches under there?????

Last edited by OldSchool; 09-07-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Registered

The third battery is usually under the drivers dash and runs the electronics, the door, and the hatch.

Quick Reply: Cig Battery ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.