Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why so cheap?

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Weighing options.........

It is a STEAL for whoever gets it.
Quit weighing......

You won't find a nicer boat at that price. If I wasn't long on boats and short on cash, I'd have already made the deal.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Seriously Greg, you need to stop dilly dallying and get busy!! Goddamn, how much better deal do you need???
Old 12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

can i write a check for a hundy or will one of you let me borrow it..........lol just kidding wish i had it bad mofo
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sank, Rolled, Raced, Bought ,Sold, Redone, Etc.. anyone ever hear of stress...it happens more on a boat than a US Air 737 Plane. At 100K I would be looking the other way... no offense but it is for sale at 100k because no one will give him 110k
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's still BAD-A$$. I don't care what is has been through, apparently it can take it because it is not all busted up. If I had the cash right now I would jump on it for that price. I love boats with a history, just my .02
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
jtmiller02

Originally Posted by tanner
Sank, Rolled, Raced, Bought ,Sold, Redone, Etc.. anyone ever hear of stress...it happens more on a boat than a US Air 737 Plane. At 100K I would be looking the other way... no offense but it is for sale at 100k because no one will give him 110k

cue fountain delamintion joke.....now

Just kidding, but really, yeah the boat has been run hard, put up wet, been under water, but the damage is either there or not, if a boat goes under there is only lasting damage if the water penetrates into wood or foam coring, otherwise its not really a concern for the hull itself, and the rigging obviously has been gone through several times since then.

I've driven a boat that the decks were so worn they flexed when you walked on them, but the hull itself was solid as day 1. Sure it was beat the death and looked like hell, but structurally that meant nothing.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts
Talking Re: Why so cheap?

Well, good luck to however buys it, Its one of my favorite cigs.......................... If I had the cash, well we all know how that goes. O well, at least when i am ready to buy, I will remember what it sold for...........
Jr.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old
Quit weighing......

You won't find a nicer boat at that price. If I wasn't long on boats and short on cash, I'd have already made the deal.
You are correct, but I JUST(and I mean just) made an offer on a house I can't pass up here in S. Fla when this thing popped up for sale....

I should have an answer asap, if they decline I may be living in a truck pulling a Gladiator around.

At least that way I KNOW I will never be married.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner

There's a reason why you sold your Fountain and are looking for a Gun, Same reason this boat is fine even after all of that....

IT'S A CIGARETTE!!

Really though, someone explain to me why this boat (run hard, raced, rolled, sunk, etc.) is any different than someone who's run their boat just as hard?

I understand racing takes it's toll on a boat but is there something that a suvey can't find on a race boat that it could find on a regular boat? Wet transom? cracked stringers? stress cracks? First off, all of that can be repaired (just like new) and probably happens on many of the boats that are sold that ARENT race boats. So this boats history is known, I don't think it changes it any from any other comparable Glad on the market. The only reason it sells for less is because people use it's history as a tool to lower the price. Right or wrong.

But I know this, if I was in the market for a new boat I wouldn't pass on this one due to it's history. I'd get a survey and find out if anything major is wrong and then jump on it. At least you know what to look for with an ex raced boat with a known history. You buy some ya-hoo's boat off the market you have no idea of the history except the survey.

Just my .02.

Last edited by thisistank; 12-06-2006 at 12:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Why so cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.