38 TG HEAD question?

Notices

38 TG HEAD question?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:53 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 TG HEAD question?

I need to make sure I understand the plumbing flow on my head. (in the boat that is...) I know the pump draws water from under the boat to flush. (Flush Button) The macerator (Button) then chops & dices everything up into a nice smoothy... Then where does it go? Where is all of it held at? And how do I access this holding area? I know I pump it out through the waste line, but where is this actual held? Is there a bag under the floor somewhere? I have what appears to be an exit line under the boat right next to the inlet line as well. Should this be closed if I plan on pumping out? If it's open does it automatically go overboard and if so...when does it go over? Do I need to actavate a pump to do this? I need to make sure I understand this so I don't have issues. I thought I had this figured out, but now I'm questioning after reading old posts... Please help. Need a little head...advise!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 38 TG HEAD question?

There are 2 valves usually inder the starboard side cushion in the cabin. One opens the water inlet and the other opens the discharge (make sure it's leagal.) If the discharge is closed then the waste is emptied in to a 4 gallon aluminum holding tank that is inside the head. If you take out the tray that is in the head on your right (looking in) you can see it. but if you need to replace it you can't get it out through there it's too big.

The pump and macerator can be accessed through there and they are just a standard Jabsco set up for the compact head, they are just mounted on the floor unstead and the base of the head.

I replaced the one on my 93 gun and it's a biotch as the tank is installed before the fiberglass liner for the head. Means you need roto zip or sawall to get it out. The up side is the OEM tank is availalbe still and takes about a week for them to make and all the other parts are availabe from jabsco.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

so if the valve is open, it just automatically drains everything overboard? If it's closed it goes into the aluminum tank that can be sucked out. How do you know if/when the alum. tank is full? Does it begin showing in the head? Why did you have to replace yours? Wouldn't a soft bag type be easier to install without roto zipping the hell out of your head?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so if the valve is open, it just automatically drains everything overboard? Yes path of least resistance, if I remember correctly

If it's closed it goes into the aluminum tank that can be sucked out. Yes

How do you know if/when the alum. tank is full? Chit starts backing up, The flush is about 2 gallons so after 2-3 it's pretty full.

Why did you have to replace yours? Mine, like many fail at the seams along the bottom.

Wouldn't a soft bag type be easier to install without roto zipping the hell out of your head? Yes if you are going to leave the old tank in there, but if you don't take it out I don't know where you will put the new bag, not much room there. I guess you could cut the tank apart and remove it.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

With the over board valve open it will not dump when flushed, you have to use the macerator pump to do that, at least that's how it works on a Cafe...
Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

So, with the exit valve open, everything will stay inside the alum. holding tank, until I hit the macerator button. Macerator chops and dices only on exit with the valve open.
So if the valve is closed & I hit the macerator button, it just blends & mixes INSIDE the holding tank?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Here is what it will look like when you take out the tray. This is the 93 gun that I`m restoring. I used a sawzall to cut it up and remove it in pieces. Not the best day in my life by a long shot! I am going to make one that will fit through the opening for the tray so I don't have to do that again!

Roger
Attached Thumbnails 38 TG HEAD question?-top-gun-holding-tank-001-large-.jpg  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
So, with the exit valve open, everything will stay inside the alum. holding tank, until I hit the macerator button. Macerator chops and dices only on exit with the valve open.
So if the valve is closed & I hit the macerator button, it just blends & mixes INSIDE the holding tank?
Yes...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered

hey PB, sounds familiar, no? summer is coming, you ready? i'm getting new power as we speak. twin 570hp 502's. see ya soon, maybe desert storm poker run?

robert
Attached Thumbnails 38 TG HEAD question?-dsc01411rs2.jpg  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Originally Posted by grimmy
hey PB, sounds familiar, no? summer is coming, you ready? i'm getting new power as we speak. twin 570hp 502's. see ya soon, maybe desert storm poker run?

robert
What happened to the old motors?

Quick Reply: 38 TG HEAD question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.