Used Cafe vs. Top Gun Pricing >

Used Cafe vs. Top Gun Pricing

Notices

Used Cafe vs. Top Gun Pricing

Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Cafe vs. Top Gun Pricing

Out of curiousity... Why does it seem like a used Cafe has an asking price equal to or higher than a similar year and similarly rigged Top Gun (for example there are several late '80s and early 90's Guns and Cafe's in the classifieds in the $70s)?

I would have thought that the smaller Cafe would have been priced under the Top Guns.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

When I was shopping, I was looking at Cafe's and Guns. For the most part I noticed I could get a slightly newer Cafe with bravos and newer power for about the same price as an older Gun with TRS's and older style power.

You need to look at the various variables. Old cabin, new cabin. New/updated features, drives, etc. I think if you compare apples to apples, say a 1995 Cafe with HP500's/Bravos to a 1995 Gun with HP500's and Bravos you'll find the Gun will be at least 15-20k more. That was my experience a couple of years ago when we bought our gun at least.

Both are great boats though. We were really leaning towards a Cafe before Philly got us this great deal on our gun.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Thanks Tank. Hopefully I'll get to have a look at your TG this summer. I hear its a sharp looking ride.

I guess it's sort of tough to get to apples to apples with all the variables huh?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Thanks Tank. Hopefully I'll get to have a look at your TG this summer. I hear its a sharp looking ride.

I guess it's sort of tough to get to apples to apples with all the variables huh?
Yea, we'll have to get you out on the Gun sometime this summer. Thanks for the compliment.

It is hard to compare pricing with all the variables. What I did was first figure out what I could afford. Then I figured out what I wanted. I knew I wanted a Cigarette and loved the Cafe's. I figured Guns were out of my price range. I knew I wanted the newer interior, newer grab handles, newer bolsters and a reliable package. Then when you look you start to settle in (and of course, always a little above ) your price range....This boat has this, this and this, but not this. This boat has this, this, and this but not that.

With our boat, I liked it had 3A's (less drive failure issues). I however wasn't extatic about the 525SC's. I didn't really want blowers again (again for more reliability). Everything else was what I wanted and Phil made the price an offer I could not refuse.

We had some other stuff done to it and are MORE than happy with the boat and the way it turned out.

If you want or need any help, let me know. I always like seeing more Cigs come over to the west coast and keep the brotherhood strong out here!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered

I'd love to grab a ride. I should be out all summer in either my Pantera or a Top Gun to be named later...

I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging out with more of you Scope guys.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sean is going to check out my Gun first Tank....if he buys it, I'll be able to get th RR.....

Tom
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Registered

Oh mama!

Tom, I definately need to take closer look at your boat! Mega Loto is $130m right now. I've got a ticket in my pocket and I've got your cell phone number!

The party line right now is that I've been looking at boats "for a friend", but since he's decided to go and do something foolish, I don't have an excuse anymore!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I'd love to grab a ride. I should be out all summer in either my Pantera or a Top Gun to be named later...
Old 02-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What year was the new interior introduced?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbr2328
What year was the new interior introduced?

Quick Reply: Used Cafe vs. Top Gun Pricing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.