What happened to this Rough Rider?

Notices

What happened to this Rough Rider?

Old 03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
This boat has some pretty cool history .... Used to say "Florida MArlins" on the side ...

Yeah I still have the poster of it when they were racing it as Florida Marlins. I always thought that was a different, but similar boat.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

Yeah B ..... the other side of the boat looks very different , almost all white .
Old 03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The boat is still here in Ohio. The owner works on it himself and was getting close to being ready for motors a year or so ago. I've ran this boat a few times.

It ran 115mph in the ocean with Scott and Craig running it before the owner picked it up to bring it to Ohio. I ran the boat with the owner here on Lake Erie and had her in the 110mph range in 4-5 footers. Best running straight bottom Cigarette I've ever been in.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CIG3
The boat is still here in Ohio. The owner works on it himself and was getting close to being ready for motors a year or so ago. I've ran this boat a few times.

It ran 115mph in the ocean with Scott and Craig running it before the owner picked it up to bring it to Ohio. I ran the boat with the owner here on Lake Erie and had her in the 110mph range in 4-5 footers. Best running straight bottom Cigarette I've ever been in.

Well .... there ya go ...I didn't know if it was still here or not ... Whats up AB ?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by CIG3

I wish the guy would get her back on the water! I'd love to have some fresh pics of it. Thanks for the great info!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to add to the confusion but there might have been two of these. A non rigged boat with Marlins on the side sat in the rack at Fort Apache for 5 years and I heard that it was involved in the ending of fort apache marina and I thought I heard there was two. Craig would know but if it is the same it sat a long time with no power. NK
Old 03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Not to add to the confusion but there might have been two of these. A non rigged boat with Marlins on the side sat in the rack at Fort Apache for 5 years and I heard that it was involved in the ending of fort apache marina and I thought I heard there was two. Craig would know but if it is the same it sat a long time with no power. NK

I believe that was one of the "infamous turbine projects".
The guy from Ohio and his wife each have a 46' RR.
I believe the name on hers is "Size Matters" and the last time I saw it, it was being rigged with B-Max's at Bobby Moore's.
Regards
Old 03-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
I believe that was one of the "infamous turbine projects".
The guy from Ohio and his wife each have a 46' RR.
I believe the name on hers is "Size Matters" and the last time I saw it, it was being rigged with B-Max's at Bobby Moore's.
Regards
You are correct, it was the owner and his girlfriend. Not to gether anymore. The Size Matters 46' RR was her project, started at Tres Martins shop and finished at TNT. Beatiful Paint and rely nice power w/ B-Max drives. Ran like 100mph. Not sure if the owner still has it along with the Spider-Web boat or not. Been a couple years since we've talked.

As for the other Spider-Web painted 46' RR. It was thee same paint scheme in Pink and Grey, rigger by Tommy Turbine. It sat rigged at the Fort for so long that the drive boots rotted. It sunk on sea trial in Haulover. Became "Size Matters".

The Sulton of Brunia bought (2 RR's for himself and his son) along with a few Top Guns for his Security to follow in. Not sure where they are now. The Black with lip-stick red interior RR was in New York originally now for sale up in the north east. triple 750 Hawks and full cabin. Not very fast but a realy wave crusher.

That is all I can remember. I have photos somewhere, I'll try to post.

JM, been crazy with work and house work. Put a wopping 11 miles on the sled this year. Will be ready for some boating this summer, if it ever gets here.