Who's tiger for sale? >

Who's tiger for sale?

Notices

Who's tiger for sale?

Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gun

I'm flying out to Miami Friday and hooking up with Tom and Shannon at Phils Saturday. We're going to run around out there for the weekend. Then the following weekend West and I are flying out for one more run, then it comes back here. I'll probably have it dropped off at So Cal Speed and Marine and get Mario to give it the once over before Havasu. (I'll be towing out with you and Dan). Gotta make sure Jeff doesn't side swipe anything on the way here. But it will be shrink wrapped, that way I don't have to worry about it being towed with the cover on..... Sorry Jeff...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"hooking up with Tom and Shannon at Phils Saturday. "

46' time.....

Dave
Old 04-04-2007, 12:04 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
True, but it doesn't have the stock Merc 900's in it anymore. Completely new motors, blocks up. Only thing original are the blowers. Like I said, propped right it'll run just over 100 no problem. And it runs like a champ!
Does the boat still have the 1:6 gear ratio in it and is it still spinning the 18 x 33's??

BTW, that boat liked the props turning inboard the best. It helped it pick up mph, the blue 42' Tiger we have listed runs better with them turning inboard as well. Even though that may not be the best setup for your water conditions out there.
Regards
Old 04-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
Does the boat still have the 1:6 gear ratio in it and is it still spinning the 18 x 33's??

BTW, that boat liked the props turning inboard the best. It helped it pick up mph, the blue 42' Tiger we have listed runs better with them turning inboard as well. Even though that may not be the best setup for your water conditions out there.
Regards
I do believe it's running the same set up as the 900's. And yes, most straight guns/tigers like props turning in for top end speed but manuvering around the dock and the noes flying high is the flip side of that.

Like Tim explained, the water out this way is usually big and keeping that noes down is a good thing. I assume Tim liked the better manners at the dock and the noes flying level compaired to the few mph he'd get turning the props in. Plus in 6 footers you really dont miss the extra mph

The main issue with the speed right now is the props. It needs bigger wheels. We tested some props in havasu a year or two ago but we couldn't find the right ones and pulling the props on and off was getting old when there's beers to drink and sites to see
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Registered

I never changed the gears and I'm not sure what ratio it had. And the props that were on it when I purchased it were brand new. I don't remember what size they are. I just know that they are the wrong size now. As for the drives, you well get some more speed out of it the other way, you're right about that. But, once again I wasn't worried about top speed. The boat was set up to perform well in rough water, and it does exactly that. Unless I took it to the lake, I wasn't going to get many opportunities to hit top speed out here. The water off of the Southern California coast is very deep and that contributes to the large swells that we often encounter. Anyway, it's a great boat for someone looking to put the smack down on some waves... Someone needs to step up to the plate and buy it. It needs nothing. All of the work performed on the boat was done by some of the very best in the business. I didn't hold back on spending when it came to that boat.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikaylaHunterCig
"hooking up with Tom and Shannon at Phils Saturday. "

46' time.....

Dave
I see the WOW boat in Toms future!!

Tom might as well not book a flight and just trailer the Gun out there to trade in to Phil next week...I heard Phil offered Tom a decent deal And I'd like to see Tom in a R/R so I can get a ride!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim mccray
I didn't hold back on spending when it came to that boat.

Yes, the tearm, "serviced with an open check book" comes to mind....I recall some of those bills!!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Registered

Some verrrrrryyyyyy big bills.... I'll let you guys try to talk Tom into it. I don't want to be the one responsible.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Weren't the earlier Merc 900's actually pushing 1000hp? If I remember correctly, they had a hard time keeping them together, so Merc would actually detune them when they rebuilt them to push closer to 900HP. I know there were quite a few people unhappy when their boat ran slower after the motors were rebuilt.

Last edited by jawbreakerkid; 04-04-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=tim mccray;2081241]I never changed the gears and I'm not sure what ratio it had.QUOTE]

If it has not been changed, it has the 1:6 in it.
Three days were spent at Lake-X testing every combination known to man at the time on that tiger. X-dimension, props, rotation, etc... When it was built, it was the fastest Merc. 900sc powered Tiger.
Regards

Quick Reply: Who's tiger for sale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.