Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Gladiators- what can you tell me about em. >

Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.

Notices

Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Dan,

Thanks for the quick response. I believe I've seen yours listed in the classifieds, T- 525's right. It's a sharp looking boat as is this one http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o14531-en.html I'm just concerned that a 525 boat might not be exciting enough having cruised my Spectre the last year. I like the Zul boats but don't know much about their engines & only know of one Lavecraft locally that had Zuls. I want a 100mph boat minimum.

What I meant by the docking was that the drives being so close on a staggered setup makes it more difficult to dock somewhat like a single. Again that was hearsay & who would know better than someone that actually has owned a staggered Glad.

Why are you selling yours? What's next.

Thought about trying to find an older mileaged out 525 Gladiator & dropping in a set of 625 or 710 Ilmors just to have something different. To be honest I've never seen or read of there being an Ilmor Cig in existence.

Michael

PS- right now having a trade limits me some. I prefer to be a cash buyer.
the oso glad is for sale less power, put in what ya want...I wouldnt be afraid of a Zul motor though, they are tough as nails.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
the oso glad is for sale less power, put in what ya want...I wouldnt be afraid of a Zul motor though, they are tough as nails.
Where did you see a Glad 4 sale less power on OSO??
Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Where did you see a Glad 4 sale less power on OSO??
The former OSO Gladiator is available without power. Call/PM OSO Steve.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Zul.
check w/ OSG about his old glad.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It's a good boat for the lake.....but then so are most Cig's. They can't handle the big water.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Zul.
check w/ OSG about his old glad.
ZUL'S in a Glad. Look at these pic' and let me know.
I did hear that it is for sale again
The Glad w/Zul's is the way to go if you want something runs 100 + all day long with a ride to match

Rick OSG
Attached Thumbnails Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.-zul-800-.jpg   Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.-osg-113-.jpg   Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.-glad1.jpg  

Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It's a good boat for the lake.....but then so are most Cig's. They can't handle the big water.
Oh NO ... you did not just go there now did you Nort?? I seem to recall a TWO HOUR episode down in your cabin with some NAILS and SCREWS putting that thing Formula calls a headliner back up into place after it completely fell apart (and was laying in pieces on the cabin floor) after our FLAT WATER trip from Newport to San Diego a couple of years ago!

Listen up fellow Cig owners ... FORMULA uses STAPLES to hold their headliner in place! YES ... staples!! Who the heck uses staples in an OFFSHORE powerboat. Oh ... that's right .. Formula uses those fancy indoor tanks to water test their boats. I guess they simulate lake boating so they figure staples will suffice! Ha ha. I kid you not ... STAPLES ... I laughed my a** off when I saw that.

Bring it on Formula boy! Tank and I will show you what it's all about!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

I have one that has 775 Tunnel Ram EFI Richie Zuls for sale.

Todd
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Oh NO ... you did not just go there now did you Nort?? I seem to recall a TWO HOUR episode down in your cabin with some NAILS and SCREWS putting that thing Formula calls a headliner back up into place after it completely fell apart (and was laying in pieces on the cabin floor) after our FLAT WATER trip from Newport to San Diego a couple of years ago!

Listen up fellow Cig owners ... FORMULA uses STAPLES to hold their headliner in place! YES ... staples!! Who the heck uses staples in an OFFSHORE powerboat. Oh ... that's right .. Formula uses those fancy indoor tanks to water test their boats. I guess they simulate lake boating so they figure staples will suffice! Ha ha. I kid you not ... STAPLES ... I laughed my a** off when I saw that.

Bring it on Formula boy! Tank and I will show you what it's all about!
I believe that i have a picture from that day somewhere.......I'll see if I can find it.

Oh, here it is!

Attached Thumbnails Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.-nort-headliner.jpg  
Old 04-12-2007, 11:47 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I believe that i have a picture from that day somewhere.......I'll see if I can find it.
Oh, here it is!
Classic! A picture that's worth a thousand words! It doesn't even show the mess behind the headliner - splintered wood chips with staples - still cracks me up to this day!!

I also tried to fix the tv that was falling out of the cabinet, the cabinet door itself, the bathroom door, etc. ... what a heap!

Last edited by Jeffrey; 04-12-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Gladiators- what can you tell me about em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.