Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system >

Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Notices

Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a reliable engine set up. Don't buy the engines. Get a good price on the boat and the rigging, drives etc. Pay someone or do it yourself if you have the ability, to get new engines built. Voice of experience speaking.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 767 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddy96
can someone post a pic of newer vs older cabin?

Thanks
Here you Go.
Attached Thumbnails Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system-new-cafe-cabin.jpg   Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system-old-cafe-cabin.jpg  
Old 04-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 2,951 Likes on 979 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Here you Go.
And that cabin on the right has been redone with new vinyl. All the ones I've seen that are stock are dark colors. The white updates it quite a bit.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
And that cabin on the right has been redone with new vinyl. All the ones I've seen that are stock are dark colors. The white updates it quite a bit.
Ya and they are never that tight, Had to be redone looks very good. I also like not having that bulk head before the bed. And its a liner floor.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

a friend of mine is selling a 96 bulldogs with 420 megablowers imco extreme drives very clean boat was kept in doors all winters maybe the cleanest cafe around he is asking $95g
Old 04-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Seaford, everyone here would love to help, but if you gave an idea of a price range, it would be helpful. Otherwise, people are just going to throw out ideas that may or may not be what you're looking for. There are some great deals out there if you're not in a hurry. I was on a very tight budget looking for a Cig under 40K.

Does it have to be a Cafe? Does it need a trailer? There was a great deal on an older 38' Mistress a couple of months ago for like 30K that was updated and looked sweet. My estimate for a cafe with seven of the 9 items listed and well maintained would be 65-75K for a good deal.

With that in mind, the boat Stecz has seems like a good price and has the bonus of nicer engines that probably make as much power as a smaller supercharged package (and would probably last longer). Otherwise, a decent example fairly well maintained but not updated may be 50-60K. There are a couple on this site in that range. If you want something cheaper than that, you may need to look at a Bullet.....I DID!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WAYNOFZR
Seaford, everyone here would love to help, but if you gave an idea of a price range, it would be helpful. Otherwise, people are just going to throw out ideas that may or may not be what you're looking for. There are some great deals out there if you're not in a hurry. I was on a very tight budget looking for a Cig under 40K.

Does it have to be a Cafe? Does it need a trailer? There was a great deal on an older 38' Mistress a couple of months ago for like 30K that was updated and looked sweet. My estimate for a cafe with seven of the 9 items listed and well maintained would be 65-75K for a good deal.

With that in mind, the boat Stecz has seems like a good price and has the bonus of nicer engines that probably make as much power as a smaller supercharged package (and would probably last longer). Otherwise, a decent example fairly well maintained but not updated may be 50-60K. There are a couple on this site in that range. If you want something cheaper than that, you may need to look at a Bullet.....I DID!
I think my budget will probably end up being in the mid-fifties - which means my patience may have to be plentiful. I have found a Cafe with all of the items I listed, less AC - asking 60k. The engines have just been rebuilt with 0 hours, and I believe the Prochargers that I asked about above have been removed. (I think that was an older photo). I am just starting my research to find out what was done to the engines. The boat is in LOTO if anyone out there is interested in taking a look at it, or knows it - It's at BIG Thunder Marine.

WAYNOFZR - We'll have to get together when I am able to put a deal together, I am over in Yorktown (Seaford).
Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes, we should try to get together this summer. I plan on getting to "Jammin on the James" this year (which is up your way), plus a couple other events. Another piece of advice. If the boat is listed thru a dealer, marina, or broker, the price is always negotiable. So present what you think is a fair offer. It may just fly.

I would ask for some help on this site (I think they probably have the biggest Cig following) to do a preliminary check on the boat. They're the nicest and most caring people on here. If it comes back favorably, then go up yourself to look at it (I wouldn't make a deal without seeing it in person).

Good luck! It sounds like a good deal if the engines were done right. Make sure to inquire about the drives too. And ask to see receipts.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WAYNOFZR
Yes, we should try to get together this summer. I plan on getting to "Jammin on the James" this year (which is up your way), plus a couple other events. Another piece of advice. If the boat is listed thru a dealer, marina, or broker, the price is always negotiable. So present what you think is a fair offer. It may just fly.

I would ask for some help on this site (I think they probably have the biggest Cig following) to do a preliminary check on the boat. They're the nicest and most caring people on here. If it comes back favorably, then go up yourself to look at it (I wouldn't make a deal without seeing it in person).

Good luck! It sounds like a good deal if the engines were done right. Make sure to inquire about the drives too. And ask to see receipts.
I have actually got two I am looking at - both at 60k, both with brokers and I am well aware that they are like used car salesmen - always negotiable. I have been lurking this site for about a year, and really doing more research than I would care to admit. I have noticed that the Cigs have by and far the best "community" and will definitely ask for locals' help once I get comfortable with the work that has been performed, etc. Anytime I am doing my due diligence from a thousand miles, it is going to be thorough before I fly out to look at it.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

So is this one not really a '95? Check out the cabin pics

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o14981-en.html

Quick Reply: Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.