Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
35 Cigarette Playboy?????? >

35 Cigarette Playboy??????

Notices

35 Cigarette Playboy??????

Old 04-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to go see the boat on sunday.......It is tits.......122 hours. I could tell it was kept in salt water though....(a few small barnacles on the inside of the boxes and maybe 3 sq. inches of lift/oxidation to paint on both of the drives) also i wasnt a huge fan of the non-ITS drives......If anyone can make suggestions to what drives to put on to upgrade let me know.....also If I buy it I am considering lowering the boost from 8 to 6 psi for reliability. Pat is also greatguy..very helpful and patient and understanding of the cigarette lifestyle and brand as a whole....

I cant wait till I blow these 505sto make room for some ZULS!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
I will deal with you after the Sox spank your fabled Yankees. That might just be punishment enough.
it still hurts the morning after.....

thank you for your kindness.....
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by K-WELLS
Went to go see the boat on sunday.......It is tits.......122 hours. I could tell it was kept in salt water though....(a few small barnacles on the inside of the boxes and maybe 3 sq. inches of lift/oxidation to paint on both of the drives) also i wasnt a huge fan of the non-ITS drives......If anyone can make suggestions to what drives to put on to upgrade let me know.....also If I buy it I am considering lowering the boost from 8 to 6 psi for reliability. Pat is also greatguy..very helpful and patient and understanding of the cigarette lifestyle and brand as a whole....

K-Wells,
When shopping for a used boat, it is hard to get everything you want. ITS is not really as important as condition and history. If the boat passes a survey,and you want to buy it, take the Pro-Chargers off and just use the boat untill you are ready for new power. Since the boat sat for quite some time in the water, the surveyor will moisture test the transom and check the hull out for signs of blistering. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I was up there last summer looking at it. Awsome boat. It did need a little detailing but, then again, what doesnt? Pat treated us well also. He even showed us around on a saturday after they were already closed up. Great place / Great people,
Goodluck on your search,
Jr.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So should I lower the boost or what????
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Take that junk off, and enjoy the boat.

Last edited by pm203; 04-23-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just chuck'em and get the Zul's now!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

Before i bought my Playboy, i went to Ocean and i went on that one, to see if i liked the style and it fit my needs. It was a few years back, but the boat looked nice then.......
Old 04-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Tricky919
Before i bought my Playboy, i went to Ocean and i went on that one, to see if i liked the style and it fit my needs. It was a few years back, but the boat looked nice then.......
Whats up Rick, you ready to put in yet? Did you get your winter projects done?
Jr.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

What's up Bonz? I havn't even started the winter, now spring projects yet. Just bought a house, and am dealing with that right now. It's getting painted soon. The guys are starting the work this weekend. Then it's top end refresh, and drives go on, and it hits the water. I should have it in for Memorial day, at least thats the game plan.

Quick Reply: 35 Cigarette Playboy??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.