Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would have loved to but cant do a cash deal till condo moves
Old 07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ywait
Michael, after spending a few hours on the phone with you, here is the published value of my boat as stated by NADA. The following is copied from NADA Boat Values 2/13/2007
I don't know if it was a few hours, but I'm sure it felt like it after I peppered poor Ron on two different calls with all my questions about his boat.

Ron, thank you for posting the NADA value listing. It has some nice equipment. Unfortunately, your auction is a bit ahead of me in the buying process. I still need to see how much better the Top Gun handles our Ventura water, review ownership costs, see your boat, do a sea trial, and have a survey performed. As you know, I'm not a "sight unseen" type of guy.

Whether I end up purchasing it or another buyer, I wish you the best of luck in the selling process.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 07-22-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ron,

How about letting the OSO members know if you sold it or not? And maybe where it's headed?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

It did not meet the reserve and is still available.

Last edited by ywait; 08-02-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

"I still need to see how much better the Top Gun handles our Ventura water, review ownership costs"

Michael it doesn't sound like you're ready for a offshore boat yet. Just my two cents but the worst thing for a guy selling a boat is to spend a lot of time educating/explaning/selling his baby to someone who really isn't ready to pull the trigger. Tire kickers can get a bad wrap here....

The Gun will do just fine in Ventura...for you with zero experience or anyone with years of experience. They were built for rough water!!!!

Can you afford the ownership costs??? Double what you think it will be...there is always something that comes up. If you have any extra funds at the end of the year...make an extra payment.

Now, go buy a boat.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

To put it in a nutshell for the possible buyer (or tire kicker), you will NOT find a better boat for rough water, so there really isn't much of a need to discuss it.

If you were to ask questions about what the fastest boat may be, THAT may be a topic of discussion. With that being said, if you are serious about buying a Cig, time to sort thru the boats available and throw some money down!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Michael it doesn't sound like you're ready for a offshore boat yet. Just my two cents but the worst thing for a guy selling a boat is to spend a lot of time educating/explaning/selling his baby to someone who really isn't ready to pull the trigger. Tire kickers can get a bad wrap here....
I agree, but from what Ron told me, I was a lot more serious than the other so called buyers. Most of them wanted to trade cars, boats, and other items for his boat ("Well, I don't have the cash right now..would you take..."). The highest bidder on his auction apparently didn't even read it, and thought the trailer was included.

I put a deposit down on a boat a few months ago, but the sale did not work out due to the boat's condition. I put an offer on one a few weeks ago, but it was declined. If that's someone's definition of a "tire kicker" then so be it.

I was very interested in Ron's boat, but I told him up front I needed to ride in one. If a seller doesn't want to wait for that, that's fine. If the seller doesn't want to talk to me after I tell them I need to see how the boat feels, that's fine, too. Sure, a Top Gun will ride great, but will it ride enough better than smaller boats to make it worth the hassle and expense? No one can answer that for you, but you. If Ron or anyone else thinks our conversaton was a waste of time, don't worry, I won't call again. I'm just not going out of state to look at a boat without finding out a lot about it (made that mistake once, and I'm not making it again). I'm also not buying a boat I haven't ridden in, period. Sorry for being a cautious buyer.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 07-23-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Michael, I have spoken with many serious buyers that just don't have the cash to do the deal today. If you are still interested feel free to call again. The boat is still available for an inspection and survey. Ron

Last edited by ywait; 08-02-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Lets try this one more time. The boat is available for inspection and or survey and I will be more than happy to answer any questions from any potential buyer. Thanks for all of the support.
Attached Thumbnails alt= opening bid for Kevlar Top Gun on eBay-img_4449.jpg  

Last edited by ywait; 09-20-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good luck. Hope it sells this time. It seems like a decent price to me.

Quick Reply: $1 opening bid for Kevlar Top Gun on eBay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.