newer model swim platform for TG >

newer model swim platform for TG

Notices

newer model swim platform for TG

Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default newer model swim platform for TG

Anyone know where you can get one of the newer model swim platforms for a TG? They are kind of rounded and have an extra rail that extends out around the edge. I believe it has a foldup ladder underneath.

I am looking to find one and wondering what one would cost.
Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Steve_H

Travis (restoring the gun that caught fire) and myself plan on making our own over the winter. i sell metal for Ryerson and Travis has the connections to get them fabricated. if your local maybe we can get together and make 3.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Travis (restoring the gun that caught fire) and myself plan on making our own over the winter. i sell metal for Ryerson and Travis has the connections to get them fabricated. if your local maybe we can get together and make 3.
That sounds great and would love to be involved if you guys wouldn't mind. I live in STL but am down at the lake every weekend.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

my personal email is [email protected]
thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Hey Steve,
I might be interested. Let me know when you guys are getting close to making them and I'll let you know. Have you designed it yet?

Craig

PS- Your Bullet looks awesome!! great job!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Steve_H

Thanks Craig,

havent designed them yet but Travis has access to a gun with the new platform. plan is to copy the basic shape and brackets and add personal touches to the center part "maybe". they dont all have to be the same. the width of a gun is different then a bullet anyway. Travis's Dad has been a welder for years at a place that also has a laser for cutting out the pattern so they will be cut and welded there. i will be selling the aluminum to myself so the overall cost of the platforms shouldnt be too much. whoever wants in just let me know. at some point we will have a 3d model and drawings before any metal is cut to make sure everything is right.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

If you guys want to actually buy a new one (if making them doesn't work out) call Kevin at 510-445-1047 www.westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com He does everything from mild to wild. Has built for Nor-Tech, Dragon, Cigarette, etc. etc.

He did a really nice job on our swim step with the custom etched name in it. Plus its the style with only two mounting brackets. Came out really nice and works great!
Attached Thumbnails newer model swim platform for TG-picture-001.jpg