Impeller Problem

Notices

Impeller Problem

Old 09-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
Most likely, the electric condom dispenser you installed crimped your outside water supply.
No, he's using too much water to fill the hot tub he mounted in the cabin for parties, which leaves very little water available for the motors.

Priorities !
Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
No, he's using too much water to fill the hot tub he mounted in the cabin for parties, which leaves very little water available for the motors.

Priorities !
Could be.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

You may also have too much water pressure while running on plane. This would cause ecessive wear and tear on the impellers as well. Before changing the housing, check your water pressure. It may be too low or too high.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
You may also have too much water pressure while running on plane. This would cause ecessive wear and tear on the impellers as well. Before changing the housing, check your water pressure. It may be too low or too high.
OK. How do I lower or raise the water pressure while running?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clay, its getting hard to tell who's trying to help and who's busting your ball's. "Don't spend the $$$ on a new housing. Maybe you have too much pressure". Good luck with all the help your getting.
Jim
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start from the top on down

Replace the boat and the problem will most likley go away

Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seriously

I had 3 different boats on my lift over the years ( 38 Scarab, 43 Black Thunder, 38 Cigarette) and kept it High and dry with not even the drives in the water and never had this issues

You have something else going on

Leaving it high and dry should not make a difference
Old 09-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
seriously

I had 3 different boats on my lift over the years ( 38 Scarab, 43 Black Thunder, 38 Cigarette) and kept it High and dry with not even the drives in the water and never had this issues

You have something else going on

Leaving it high and dry should not make a difference
Same here Clay. I keep mine on a lift and sometimes don't run it for extended periods. Never had an issue with impellers. Primes right up as soon as I crank it and I have a fairly high X-dimension. It will be interesting to hear the actual problem once you find it.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered

Did you go talk to Grant and Clyde? What do they say?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

Keeping the boat on a lift doesn't creat any issues with getting water on a good set-up. Have you dug out all of the impeller peices in the coolers?? Are you sure?? Backflow the system from the T-Stat housing to the pump. Pull the hose leading into the cooler and check for any remnants of old impellers. If all checks out OK - then pull the hose nipple from the transom assembly (Inside the boat) and see if you have a blockage there. I've done 7 boats this year with the same issue - all around the same model as yours. I know your in fresh water - but you've run the boat in salt before -yes? If you have ANY problems with getting the two bolts out holding the fitting on - stop there. Make sure you don't break them off in the gimbal housing cause it's a pain to drill and tap with the motor in. And if all in all you can't figure it out - make a trip down to Houston and I'll give you a hand - then we'll go run the chit out of the NorTech or Hemi boat - whoever is ready to go out....... LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Impeller Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.