you mean it was a turbine

No, it ran on 100 octane aviation fuel.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jettsdad
I'm The guy named Tom with the Scarab in OC and like Barry I'm on my 5th Cigarette and still go running off OC (Not as often as I like).I also rode on Bills 38 in the summer of 79.Back then that boat was somthing to see.I was 19 and had a purple 73 24 Nova and would run down the beach.Bill would always come blasting by me and 25 plus years+ later I remember it like yesterday and can remember the smell of that aviatin fuel as he blew by me.
Hi Tom, I remeber when you rode with us. How areyou? The last time we spoke, you were part owner of a company that fabricated refuse trucks, correct? At that time you had a 35' Mistress.

Barry

Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Jenny's Express

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I understand that Gary ran Jenny's full tilt or not at all. I think that he scared the sh*t out of more than one person from the stories that I have heard. I only met him once, but he was a great guy from what everybody says.

And about the seagulls, it's amazing how slow they are to get out of the way sometimes (from eating too much junk food on the boardwalk). They have left their fair share of scuff marks on numerous boats over the years!
Well Will, you know the story of Jenny's Express' maiden voyage where Gary and I tripped and stuffed Jenny's Express completely underwater. We'll keep the third person's name out of it.

Especially on the first Jenny's Express (35 Cig w/race fairing & 540's), we had quite a few guests that broke their ankles. We ran all out. Gary really was competetive. Once when we were getting ready for the KW Poker Run, we were racing Jenny's against Bill in Lethal Weapon. Gary was mad because he had fresh power and Bill was still pulling him. Gary kept trimming the drives until he got past '6'. I said 'Gary, don't take the drives any higher.' Gary trimmed to '9' and the drive u-joint grenaded taking the drive and the trans with it. He just hated to lose.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here are some pics from OC Barry.

1. The boys giving a salute!

2. Dollar Bill Cigarette.
The first picture was in Islamorda on the way back from the Everglades Key West Poker Run in 1987. From the left is me, Gary (now deceased) and Bill.

Notice in the picture of Lethal Weapon that Phil Meshinsky's Lucky Strike / PTM Express 47 Race Apache is in the backround. If I get some time when I get home tonight, I'll dig out some more pictures.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would watch all of you guys go blasting up the coast off OC almost every weekend. I was hooked from watching those boats run. As Hot Duck did, I as well, would tell all of my friends I will have one of those one day. It was great hearing the boats well before you would see them. I remember one Memorial day weekend, we at the beach on 28th street and both Jenny's and Lethal weapon came running hard up the coast. I figured cool we will get to see them again soon as they come back. It wasn't but 5 minutes later and we heard them coming. I thought it was odd until I looked at the sky behind them. It was as balck as I ever had seen it. What I thought was fast running when they were going north, was nothing like watching them out run the storm!!!!!! People on the beach looked like they were holding ears from the noise and running from the impending storm. Thanks for the memories.....
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GOFASTJUNKIE
I would watch all of you guys go blasting up the coast off OC almost every weekend. I was hooked from watching those boats run. As Hot Duck did, I as well, would tell all of my friends I will have one of those one day. It was great hearing the boats well before you would see them. I remember one Memorial day weekend, we at the beach on 28th street and both Jenny's and Lethal weapon came running hard up the coast. I figured cool we will get to see them again soon as they come back. It wasn't but 5 minutes later and we heard them coming. I thought it was odd until I looked at the sky behind them. It was as balck as I ever had seen it. What I thought was fast running when they were going north, was nothing like watching them out run the storm!!!!!! People on the beach looked like they were holding ears from the noise and running from the impending storm. Thanks for the memories.....

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 10-29-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Who is that? Or which boat is that going to be? I guess the one Hot Duck buys after the Apache sells.....
Old 09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default RacerX

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 10-29-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

Who did the fairing work? Did you have to build it from scratch?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Now you are talking about the days that got me hooked on these things. When I was little I would ride my bike a few blocks down the street to Harbor Island just to look at these boats. I always told my friends that I would own a boat like them some day. All of my friends (except Purnell) thought that I was crazy and full of ****.

I remember Smokin' Joe, Jenny's Express, Silverado, Silver Dollar, Dollar Bill, Miss Tugo, Geronimo on occasion, Satin Doll, Leathal Weapon, Easy Rider and quite a few others. My favorite was Jenny's Express, especially after it got the wild yellow paint job. These boats are the reason that I am hooked today!
these names are so eighties, where have all these boats ended up today?

Quick Reply: 38 from the 80's in Ocean City, MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.