38 from the 80's in Ocean City, MD >

38 from the 80's in Ocean City, MD

Notices

38 from the 80's in Ocean City, MD

Old 04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUSSSR1
What's up you crazy foker? Do I see there you got a 38 beak boat now?
Been hustling as usual. Yeah I bought a beak , pretty much stole it. No power , so we were going to throw Dads power in it but we are going to be getting the race hull back in a month. So I'm going to take a couple years and build some 600ci's, with tunnel rams.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
Been hustling as usual. Yeah I bought a beak , pretty much stole it. No power , so we were going to throw Dads power in it but we are going to be getting the race hull back in a month. So I'm going to take a couple years and build some 600ci's, with tunnel rams.

Good deal, what is the transom cut for? Make sure you say hi to your dad for me.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has # 4's on it already and sitting on a Myco , Just needs power, I have a set of trans's ( just need to go threw them ) and some other odds and ends. Just not willing to go broke yet putting it together, got a couple other projects to finish 1st.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Hello guys, bringing this old thread back to the Top with hopes of maybe seeing some images of "Satin Doll" ... O.C. Barry any chance? thanks

Last edited by I'CE; 01-29-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Pictures

Originally Posted by I'CE
Hello guys, bringing this old thread back to the Top with hopes of maybe seeing some images of "Satin Doll" ... O.C. Barry any chance? thanks
I have a few pictures, but I moved and have to locate them. If I can find them, I'll take pictures of the photos and post them. I'm in the middle of a big renovation, so it will be a while.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts

I can shed a little light on what happened to Satin Doll after it was sold from the charity. A very close friend of mine Harry Willett bought the boat and brought it to Chicago. He owned a custom car shop and repainted the boat black with orange, red and yellow stripes. It was lettered Beast by Stits a pinstripe artist based here. The injected motors were replaced with 540s and it was kept in Marina City marina which was owned by Mark Burman of BAM. After a couple of years and problems with engines he decided to have Jeff from Hypercision build a set of big chief 632 ci normally aspirated engines. Since this was in the early 80's the original heads were actually done by Maskin. Once the engines were completed it made 900+ hp and ran well into the 90s. Harry also removed some of the front cabin and teak and made it into a smaller cover girl style cabin.
After a couple of years of running it, Harry put the boat in storage where is sat for about 8 years or so. I was then sold to a guy also named Bill out of Chicago around 2001. The story was told he sucked up some weeds and overheated the engines shortly after he purchased it, He took it back to Hypercision where he was supposed to have big blower motors built.
The story of that experience was told above. It went to Wesco marine in Michigan to get the engines built and installed but was sold before it was completed. Three years ago a guy who is a captain out of Miami Andrew Thor Malek bought the boat and has been putting it back together with Wesco marine. He also now owns Mark Burman's old Cigarette the wide body "BAM". Hopefully Beast will be back on the water this summer with BAM not far behind.
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Any pics of them?
Old 02-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts

I do not. If you look up Andrew on F book you Can see them both.