Cigarette Top Gun in Australia!

Notices

Cigarette Top Gun in Australia!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette Top Gun in Australia!

Hi guys,

Today I FINALLY got to see my top gun I bought from Florida.

It had to get quaranteened to be cleaned and I went there with two of my mates today to see it.

All the gov't workers were in awe of it.

Hopefully it will be released and delivered to the marina on saturday 10am.

Its 1300hp 89 model. Cigs are very rare in this part of the world. The next drama's to overcome are transporting it as it is too long to be transported on the roads here. Kubcat in Sydney on this forum has given me heaps of tips to try to help me get it approved for our roads. if i don't have the trailer approved in 12 weeks it has to be destroyed or sent back!

Anyway seeing it here today was fantastic. I'll post pics on the weekend when i get some.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Hi guys,

It had to get quaranteened to be cleaned and I went there with two of my mates today to see it.

Its 1300hp 89 model. Cigs are very rare in this part of the world. The next drama's to overcome are transporting it as it is too long to be transported on the roads here. Kubcat in Sydney on this forum has given me heaps of tips to try to help me get it approved for our roads. if i don't have the trailer approved in 12 weeks it has to be destroyed or sent back!

Anyway seeing it here today was fantastic. I'll post pics on the weekend when i get some.
Congrats.....Best of Luck getting the Transport worked out.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hi guys,

Yes, we need pics!!

Glad you got it over there and hopefully you get those silly laws worked out. I'd say f*ck it and just take the ticket if you get caught towing in the few miles to the water.

The offer stills stands if you need to ship it back and store it out here.

Tank
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Hey Tank,

I want to thank you again for everything. Whenever I see your posts I think of your generosity and help. Thank you again mate.

Kubcat who's real name is Jim said he's been towing his Cigarette in Sydney for ten years and has gotten away with it so i'm going to give it ago.

I'm going to put the boat in the indoor racks in the marina for 3 months, and shorten the trailer which I found today shouldn't be too hard as the runners go over the back of the trailer for about 3 ft. So if i swap them for shorter runners (these are the wooden things the boat slides onto ... I don't know their real names) and hopefully not do too many more mods i should get it approved. Once approved, i'll just put it back the way it was

To be honest I don't think i've been so excited about anything like this since i was a kid waiting for santa!.

I will post heaps of pics the moment it is on the water
Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

That's interesting. The Gun I bought last year was from a guy in Calif, that was getting transferred to Australia (where he was originally from) but was afraid of what it would cost to transport. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

to store a cigarette top gun in melb in a dry rack is $1135 per month. Personally I'd rather use that for fuel.

i'm going to do everything I can to get the cig to be towed.

I live on a marina (the marina where the world titles were held in 1980) in a place called St kilda but the marina wont store boats on land over 31ft, and to put in the water i've got to anti foul it and i dont want to.

Where did your cig end up Lakeluvr
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

to store a cigarette top gun in melb in a dry rack is $1135 per month. Personally I'd rather use that for fuel.

i'm going to do everything I can to get the cig to be towed.

I live on a marina (the marina where the world titles were held in 1980) in a place called St kilda but the marina wont store boats on land over 31ft, and to put in the water i've got to anti foul it and i dont want to.

Where did your cig end up Lakeluvr
Ended up selling it to a guy in the Bahamas. Towed it to Ft. Lauderdale where I met the new owner. He apparently makes the run back and forth quite a bit.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
Ended up selling it to a guy in the Bahamas. Towed it to Ft. Lauderdale where I met the new owner. He apparently makes the run back and forth quite a bit.

One way????
Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
That was a nice boat!!!

Were either of these two guys the buyer?????

Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Top Gun in Australia!-caddyshack.jpeg  
Old 10-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Registered

Congratz Brent, glad its starting to work out for you, keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Top Gun in Australia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.