Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting, to say the least...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
WOW !!! I really missed alot this afternoon on the other 35 Cig thread. LMAO..... What's really funny to me is that Ol' Jack "cashbrain" keeps coming on here as different people, just as he has done in the past to hold a conversation with himself, and make unsuspecting people think that there are actually 2 different people talking to each other. LMAO again.

We will all notice a pattern here, and that is whenever cashbrain gets involved in someones thread, the thread usually ends up getting deleted.

In the other "deleted" 35 Cig thread, there's absoutely no doubt in my mind that the seller of the 35 Cig was cashbrain. And, Cigaretteracingteam, was just another name that Jack was hiding under, again.

For all the members that want to know the real truth on that boat, I'm sure that the broker does'nt even have a clue what was wrong with it. That's up to the seller to disclose all the info to the broker.
What I do know, is that me too like Roger 1, got a nasty, name calling e-mail from cashbrain, calling us a POS, douche bags, and losers. All I don't want to see is some poor guy getting burned on buying a boat that he thinks is a great deal, because all of the "FACTS" or disclosures hav'nt been properly addressed.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but, "gee, I even hate using a word that has the name "jack" in it" the facts are:

1. You ask about the toilet?? Well, I have the toilet from that 35 Cig in my garden shed. After Jack had to have it cut out to get acess to the bottom to repair the 8 ft long crack down the center of the hull, he got tired of carrying it around in the trunk of his car, and asked me if I'd throw it into the back of my truck, and take it home. So, I did. I've still got it, and I'd be more than happy to give it to anyone that gets that boat. As a matter of fact, I'd be happy to just give it away to anyone that could use it. I've been storing it now for over 3 years for cashbrain.

2. As for getting back to the bottom of things here, and I'm speaking about the bottom of the hull, there's alot going on there. From what I know, Chris Merrill out of Indiana, did the first repair on the crack in the bottom of the hull. Now, Jack says that he did not do the repair properly, so Jack stopped payment on the check. Chris on the other hand, told Jack that the proper way to repair a crack that large was to do it from the inside, that was gonna cost quite a bit of money. Way more money that Jack was willing to spend. So, Jack told Chris that he wanted him to do the repair from the outside, because it would save him a bunch of $$$$. Chris repaired it from the outside like Jack requested, and after a couple hours of pounding waves in lake Michigan, the bilge pump was coming on every 3-4 minutes.
I happened to be in the harbor that day, and Jack asked me to see if I could find what was leaking water into his engine compartment. After a couple hours of checking all the fittings and hoses, I noticed that the water was coming from under the cockpit. Going into the cabin, I pulled an inspection cover in the floor, and seen a steady stream of water flowing down the center of the hull. Immediatly, we both assumed that the toilet discharge fitting under the toilet which goes through the bottom of the hull, must be leaking. Jack could'nt get his trailer back from Chris because Jack stopped payment on his check and Chris would'nt release the trailer till the bill was paid up. Now, the boat was sinking in the harbor, the batteries were going dead cause the battery chargers did'nt work, and Jack had no trailer, or truck for that matter to pull the boat out of the water.
I seen a trailer in the harbor parking lot that had no lock on the tongue, and I thought that the Cig would fit on it, so I hooked it up to my truck, backed it down the ramp, and we got the Cig onto it so it would'nt sink.

Once it was out of the water, there was a steady stream of water pouring out of the bottom of the hull about an inch from the bottom V. After all the water drained out, I got under the boat to find a crack about atleast 7-8 feet long, and that's when Jack told me that Chris was supposed to have fixed it. That was the first I heard about the damage to the bottom.

Well, we did'nt know who's trailer we put the boat on, and now it was getting dark out and we had to get the boat back off the trailer and into the water. So I dried off the bottom as good as I could with towels, and I got a big roll of duct tape, and started laying strips of the duct tape over the crack, down the bottom of the hull, and about a foot up both sides of the bottom V. I was hoping that atleast this would prevent any more water from coming into the boat and sinking it.

There were many people around us that day watching what we were doing, and some of them even offered to help us by pointing their headlights of their cars on the bottom of the boat because it was getting near midnight, and it was dark. The boat was put back into the water, and the duct tape held tight, and there were no leaks. This was the talk of the harbor, and the next day, one of the divers that cleaned the bottoms of the boats for us heard of what we did, and he dove under the boat to see for himself. Pictures were taken under water of my patch job, and alot of my friends were razzing me about what I did. I never told anyone about what happened, even when I was asked, but some how Jack assumed that I was the one with the "big mouth" that told the whole harbor, and ever since he's been PO'ed at me. Not that I really care, but all I did was try to keep a friends boat, or at least at the time I THOUGHT that he was my friend, from sinking.

Don't really know much of what ever happened to the boat after it was pulled out of the water, other than the shop it was at, the work was stopped on it for lack of payment. Heard it was repo'd and for sale at some boat yard in northern Ill. Then thought it went into a bankruptcy shortly after. Maybe it did'nt if it was'nt disclosed to the bankruptcy attorneys.

I could go on further, but I think I'll let it go for now. It would be a GREAT boat for a guy that knows how to repair a bottom the correct way, or maybe I should say, for a guy that is willing to spend the money to have it properly repaired. Hope I did'nt ruin anyone's "dream" boat, but alot of you guys wanted to know the facts, and these are the facts, like it or not.

Now, the Cig in the 1st post looks like a pretty clean boat, and probably is. But, whenever you're buying an older boat, I think it's best for both parties to have a complete survey done, that way there's no surprises after the deal's done.

Frank 10x

...and now you have the rest of the story.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock and roll!

"You want the truth?.... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!" lol

Nice to get down to the bottom of that. It's a shame that people are concerned enough about $$$ that they'll stick an innocent victim with their issues if they can. Sad.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll continue to post here for help. Gracias.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
DAMMIT! You all got him banned before I could play! I can't figuratively b*tch-slap him anymore on his own site because he banned me permanently for telling the truth!

On topic: I like that Mistress. If she's in good shape, she's a wave-crusher for sure. I looked at Doug's old girl before I bought the Fountain and took a ride with him....solid handling....and he said it handled big water better than his Gun! That would have to be pretty impressive...that Gun kicks major tail in big water.
That POS is lucky he didn't sell the boat to me like he was trying to. IF that would have happened he a the boat would be sitting on the bottom of Lake Michigan!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keytime, good luck finding a boat. The one on this thread looks promising.

Now the rest of this is funny!!! Good job outing Jacj guys.