35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench >

35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench

Notices

35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench

Old 12-15-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench

Looking for ideas...

I'm getting ready to redo the cockpit on the Cig I just bought. It's got original all-white buckets and back seat. The boat is going to be all-white with just a big Cig oval in red on the rear sides and bright, bright red vinyl and cowling edge pad.

All it has are the bolsters & bench and two small side pads next to the bolsters. I'm looking for something a bit more creative but still retaining the old-school look.

Ideas & pics definitely appreciated.

Another thing- The passenger bolster is set even with the driver's. In this boat, the extension box is there for the helm on the driver's side but the box on the passenger's side isn't- Doesn't appear that it was ever there. There's a big gap between the seat and the bulkhead and no grab bar. I've seen staggered bolaster but really don't like the look. Any ideas?

THANKS!!
Old 12-15-2007, 04:31 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris, why not put a grab bar on the port side just in front of the bolster?? My Fountain has one there and my wife uses it ALL the time. I even got some of the sponge wrap from a bicycle shop that they use to replace handle bar grips, and covered the grab bar with that, and now it's WAY more comfortable to hold on to, and your hand does'nt sweat when it's hot out.

Also, when I redid my interior, I cut a piece of thick aluminum, and formed it to fit the front of the bolster, and I bolted another small white handle (from Livorsi's) to the plate, and then bolted the plate inbetween the top half of the bolster and the bottom half. Now, anyone can stand in the bolster, and lean back and still have a handle for each hand on both sides of the seat. Let me see if I got any pics.

Wow, out of all the pics I have of the boat, this is one of the only one's I have of the handles. This was a few years ago, since then, I've added another one on the left side of the drivers bolster, and a 3rd convertable bolster for the center.
Attached Thumbnails 35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench-interior2.jpg  
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the staggered bolster set up originally and made them even. To compensate for the gap on the passenger side I installed a grab handle just to the left, on the bulkhead and one forward.

Sorry the picture doesn't show the side handle very well, but it is the same as the ones pictured but only 9 inches center to center and angled on the bulkhead for a natural hold.
Attached Thumbnails 35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench-cig-005-large-.jpg  
Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kicked around the idea of setting my bolsters even. It was going to make the bolster way too far back from the bulkhead. the passenger would have to lean way foreward to grab the bar. Even with a grab handle on the side there was just going to be too much wasted space in front of the bolster.

..Besides, staggered is oldschool.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Hey Chris,

Didn't you have old style race hatches on your cig?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes.

Kind of hard to see in this pic-
Old 02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

I think you should leave them, much cooler
Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered

The solid hatches do have that old school bad ass look.

Im kicking around the idea of building a raised hatch for my 28 to accomodate the new engines, but the little miss will shoot me if I take away her place to lay in the sun.

The interior in the 35's wasnt much different that the 28's just a longer cockpit.

I got rid of the narrow crash pads, and had vinyl covered pannels that exted down to the floor and cover the entire insides of the cockpit walls. Put in bolsters, bench, and hatch to match the early 90's guns and Cafes. It gave it an updated look without looking too futuristic.

Depending on what your planning on using the boat for........6 man bolster..
Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Thrillseeker, show us some pics of your boat too.

I'm looking at putting big apache race hatches on mine and 3 man bolsters in the front, like the old ajac hawk to race.

i still think they look super cool
Old 02-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

I like what you currently have and love white on white, but certainly understand wanting to bring some color in...maybe just some bright red piping would look sweet.

Here is mine...rahter simple but I like the red, white, blue all-american theme (with some grey blending the side and deck stripe).
Attached Thumbnails 35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench-p1020082.jpg   35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench-bench.jpg  

Quick Reply: 35 Flat Deck bolsters & Bench

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.