What happened to Mr. Cigarette" >

What happened to Mr. Cigarette"

Notices

What happened to Mr. Cigarette"

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Dont take offense...But would I need to see a Revolution painted baby blue and bubble gum pink in person to have the opinion its horrid looking? Is seeing it in person going to change those facts!? I think not. Excuse my opinion though

And yes, I think the new 38 is just as horrid.....And yes (Brandon) it has 496's in it.
The Mr. Cigarette I am talking about is not baby blue and bubble gum, its black and purple with a checkered flag on the side.1
Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=thisistank;2401577]Dont take offense...But would I need to see a Revolution painted baby blue and bubble gum pink in person to have the opinion its horrid looking? Is seeing it in person going to change those facts!? I think not. Excuse my opinion though
QUOTE]

Yes, you would because if you had the opportunity to see the original "Mr Cigarette" in person, you would know that the colors are slightly different from the new 38 copy. I spent quite a bit of time on and around that boat while it resided at LOTO and never heard anyone say it was horrid. BTW, you're excused...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i must be showing my age, I like it

later

oh yea the original was a rock'n boat, all though i can somewhat rember david scott saying (when he had his 42 triple fountain) he would just walk away from Mr Cigarette at will.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by thisistank

And yes, I think the new 38 is just as horrid.....And yes (Brandon) it has 496's in it.
Christ Tank, will you do us all a favor and order a new boat powered correctly? That would help me know some true blood bro's still exist.

That's the new regime for ya. LOLFL. That 42 Revolution in that suit is the reason a LOT of the wannabe's today own offshore boats. The 38 isn't even the right shade of violet.

If anyone wants to get right down to it, the only boats worth discussing by Cigarette in the entire decade of the 90's was the 90MPH Edition, and Mr Cigarette.

Smoke that chit. I'm with Tony, Mr Cigarette rocks.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

In my case, I had the opportunity to see Mr. Cigarette in person when Randy had it. I was a young punk kid that was dreaming big, but it was the reason that I became a Cigarette fan and hoped of owning one someday. It may not be the style that the industry is catered around today, but it is a piece of Cigarette history that any Cigarette fan is sure to appreciate!!!! It rocks in my book too!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the boat.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp

Yes, you would because if you had the opportunity to see the original "Mr Cigarette" in person, you would know that the colors are slightly different from the new 38 copy. I spent quite a bit of time on and around that boat while it resided at LOTO and never heard anyone say it was horrid. BTW, you're excused...
Tbone, love ya!.....Ok, ok...I'll concede that maybe if I saw it up close and personal I would have a different opinion on the color concept. And don't get me wrong. I highly respect that boats heritage and understand why it was painted the way it was (i.e. race boat/attention getter). And I do remember when Craig raced that boat back in the day. I just really never got the whole soft pink/teal color schemes out of Miami in the 80's.

From the photos I've seen (pre and post racing). It looks pink and teal. The new 38' is def. bubble gum pink and teal. And if you saw the cockpit, you'd want to cry.

Brandon, trust me, I'd love to do just that
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the boat because of the history. Don't care for the colors but would have no problems owning the new just because of the tribute to the original.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

From what I hear, the new version's paint blows the original one away. The original Revoulution paint cannot compete with the newer pearls and prisma paints that are available today.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pm203
From what I hear, the new version's paint blows the original one away. The original Revoulution paint cannot compete with the newer pearls and prisma paints that are available today.
I agree that the newer paints that are available today are much better than what was available when "Mr. Cigarette" was originally painted. However, I think the vibrance of those newer paints in copying this particular paint job is the main reason people dislike it. People assume that the paint is the same as the original and it is not. In my opinion, the original "Mr. Cigarette" colors were not vibrant by any means, they were dull. This is why I say it is just one of those boats that you would have to see in person to appreciate. Keep in mind that it was a race boat made of carbon fiber, you could see stress cracks all throughout the paint on that bad mofo. The paint was not perfect by anymeans, but boy was it an eye catcher...

Quick Reply: What happened to Mr. Cigarette"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.