90 MPH Cigarette

Notices

90 MPH Cigarette

Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
I count 5 boats but there might have been some that went to Europe but never confirmed. 1/90, 1/91, 1/92, 2/93. Mine was the first. I have the poster that lists it at $350,000 and guarantees it to run 90 MPH. The dash was originally like Carls boat. I think all the boats came with III 0r IIIA's, Tres maintained the boat form when it was new until 2000. He redid the dash and all the diamond plate and put the box's and 5's on. He used to have pictures of it on his site. TNT did the drives on Fat Boy and not sure about Pure Pressure, thedonz or Bill's. It is a fun boat, took a while to get used to it coming from a 85 Mistress. We mainly boat on Lake Michigan and the Mistress would just plow through everything with just and incredible ride and the gun is a whole new experience.

offshoreracr that was a great poker run. My daughter had never seen the boat other than pictures and she didn't know we were bringing it or about the poker run. Perfect run, Randy Nuzzo did some awesome photography, that first picture is one of his. Pretty rewarding weekend, won farthest tow, loudest boat at 1st stop, loudest boat all day, full page spread in Poker Runs America, and a used car lot in Richmond Va used a clip from the video in one of there commercials. That was a great group of people to party and run with.

Thanks for the compliments. Doug
Doug,

Very Beautiful Hot rod,.............................

Question for ya, Did Bruce Wolfie @ Wolffie's Competition Engines in Baroda Michigan do the engines on your boat?

Few years ago he had 580 Aluminum Donovan's in there painted exactly as your's for a 90mph cig.

Sad story if I remember correctly but the owner had died during the refreshen's and all the asset's were tied up for awhile. Always wondered where the boat went and if it was yours? If so you have done a beautiful job keeping her looking as NEW !

Thanks
Jon
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Same boat. Motors have external oil pumps and something got in the pump and blew the port motor and was taken to Wolfie. Ben was killed in a car wreck and the boat sat for 2 years while his estate was settled. The motor was finished and the boat was taken to Pier 1 where I saw it and purchased it. Motor lasted about 5 hours. Dave Weseldyke rebuilt the motor for me and replaced everthing exept the block and heads. I pulled the other motor and put new valve springs on it and had both run on his dyno and tuned.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Doug,
I take this one is yours. I got this magazine back in 94'. I dont think it was a one time only deal.
Jr.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Cigarette-scan0003.1-copy-5-.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-scan0004.1-copy-5-.jpg  

Last edited by J-Bonz; 01-13-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forgot Pics
Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Same boat. Motors have external oil pumps and something got in the pump and blew the port motor and was taken to Wolfie. Ben was killed in a car wreck and the boat sat for 2 years while his estate was settled. The motor was finished and the boat was taken to Pier 1 where I saw it and purchased it. Motor lasted about 5 hours. Dave Weseldyke rebuilt the motor for me and replaced everthing exept the block and heads. I pulled the other motor and put new valve springs on it and had both run on his dyno and tuned.
Cool, sounds like the boat is in great hands as I'm sure you enjoy it ! Small world .............

Jon
Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

1990 at Lake Cumberland
By far the loudest, baddest sounding engines at L.C. that year.
My favorite T/G..

How ya doing Doug ?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Doug,
I take this one is yours. I got this magazine back in 94'. I dont think it was a one time only deal.
Jr.
As mentioned above, Dougs boat was originally named "Unpredictable" The orig owner also had an all stock TG Cig caled "Predicatable" with a backwards paint layout and 420/454's/TRS.

It's for sale, I looked at it for a friend in November.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Cigarette-img_1575-large-.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-img_1584-large-.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-img_1585-large-.jpg  

Old 01-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Biggus
As mentioned above, Dougs boat was originally named "Unpredictable" The orig owner also had an all stock TG Cig caled "Predicatable" with a backwards paint layout and 420/454's/TRS.

It's for sale, I looked at it for a friend in November.
Very Nice and Clean also !! Thanks for the pics!

Jon
Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the original hatch from when it was built. My boat was completely rigged at TNT by John and Mike (Mike even dug out the old pictures from his files. The boat came as a blank from Cig and they drilled every hole, even the dash.

The boat was done with 5's and boxes from day one. I think the photos showed velocity stack motors. Then it was redone with Zul 900's. Mine was also laid up very heavy compared to the others. I am banging on 90-91 with twin 900 Chiefs, unless I let the Hot Boat guys drive I am going to practice some more! It was a great article and my wife had it framed by the "in the news" guys for Christmas.

Those are the production numbers I heard too. Doug I loved your paint scheme too and knew it from when Ben had it.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Cigarette-cigcolumbusday-002.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigcolumbusday-066.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-036.jpg  

Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

I finished the bow area off so it was usable for Poker Runs and to keep all the crap out of the cabin
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-037.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-032.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-041.jpg  

Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

some more, along with the CRT trim in the wheel and the intercom system.
Attached Thumbnails 90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-035.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-030.jpg   90 MPH Cigarette-cigrebuild-029.jpg  

Quick Reply: 90 MPH Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.