Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
The pink 38 (Mr. Cigarette) gets a make-over.... >

The pink 38 (Mr. Cigarette) gets a make-over....

Notices

The pink 38 (Mr. Cigarette) gets a make-over....

Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did they do to interior? Still pink on pink? Why the 39 and now 38??

IMO ... it's hideous Of course it is a cool boat and would love to own it with or without the 496HO ... but 3 things 1) not for $315K 2) it would immediately go to paint shop to match the new gray dash and 3) 496s yanked / sold / blower mills added
Old 02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

I don't know about the cabin. That would've been a lot of coin to dump into re-doing the whole interior of the cabin and would've made it harder to re-coup the money.

At 315k it is by far the cheapest 08 38 gun you'll see in the near future.

If you saw the pearls in the sun you guys that hate the pink might change your mind. Remember, I thought this thing (as well as the original) was completely hidious. But I've changed my mind on this one with the new paint. I think the new paint tones it down a lot and hate or love the pink, this boat is going to stand out at any poker run or event! And nobody will call you gay with 4 hot chicks rollin' on the boat with you....Just no sausage fest, sword fighting, boys trips on this one!

And I agree it'd be a hell of alot better with some Zuls or at least merc 600's or 700's, but remember, the 496 push it up near 80. They are warrantied for 5 years!! Easy on fuel consumption, plus you can put 87 octane in, and they are closed cooling. I think the package may actually meet someones needs. While alot of people will be running their blown motors at 65-70 mph to go easy on them, this boat can be WOT for an hour at near 80. Just food for thought. And for another 20-25k you can throw some whipples on there and get another 200hp.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-16-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
And I agree it'd be a hell of alot better with some Zuls or at least merc 600's or 700's, but remember, the 496 push it up near 80. They are warrantied for 5 years!! Easy on fuel consumption, plus you can put 87 octane in, and they are closed cooling. I think the package may actually meet someones needs. While alot of people will be running their blown motors at 65-70 mph to go easy on them, this boat can be WOT for an hour at near 80. Just food for thought. And for another 20-25k you can throw some whipples on there and get another 200hp.
That actually does make sense, it's just hard for someone to justify $315K with 496s. The numbers just don't sound right.

But, with the Raylar kits you could add some punch to the boat and probably get it near mid 80's. And, as you said, run the guts out of it all day! Actually, run the guts out of it until the warranty expires, then call Ray!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the cabin. That would've been a lot of coin to dump into re-doing the whole interior of the cabin and would've made it harder to re-coup the money.

If you saw the pearls in the sun you guys that hate the pink might change your mind. Remember, I thought this thing (as well as the original) was completely hidious. But I've changed my mind on this one with the new paint. I think the new paint tones it down a lot and hate or love the pink, this boat is going to stand out at any poker run or event! And nobody will call you gay with 4 hot chicks rollin' on the boat with you....Just no sausage fest, sword fighting, boys trips on this one!

I like it pink , and I don't think it's a gay color..maybe very Miami style !
I don't like really much the interiors .. Pink and Blue....
Old 02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like really much the interiors .. Pink and Blue.... Maybe all white...
like the sunpad cushion
Old 02-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MickeyBoy
I don't like really much the interiors .. Pink and Blue.... Maybe all white...
like the sunpad cushion
The interior colors have been changed, taking the pink out and adding the grey. The cabin...Well, I don't think anythings been done to it.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I like going chick hunting on my boat with my buds and no chicks on board. Imagine 4 dudes rolling up on a pink boat- never ever, ever, live it down and never, ever, ever get chicks on board.
Dude, you'd be suprised. My wife gets more girls on our boat than I ever could being single
Old 02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

My buddy bought the 07 OSO TG with 525's in October for 250K as an all white hull. He added 20K in paint and loves the boat. It has warranty, 525's and had about 75 hours on it.

Phil has a set of Zul 650's ready for the pink boat for 40K installed/ dialed in. Boat will break 100 so that is the way to go on the pink boat.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
My buddy bought the 07 OSO TG with 525's in October for 250K as an all white hull. He added 20K in paint and loves the boat. It has warranty, 525's and had about 75 hours on it.

Phil has a set of Zul 650's ready for the pink boat for 40K installed/ dialed in. Boat will break 100 so that is the way to go on the pink boat.

Yep, he's got the Zuls sitting in the shop waiting to go in for a buyer You'd look good in it bro!

By the way, what does the old OSO boat look like now?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Yep, he's got the Zuls sitting in the shop waiting to go in for a buyer You'd look good in it bro!

By the way, what does the old OSO boat look like now?
Blue/ Orange(Metallic Copper actually) done in a hurricane graphic. I have to get pics off my other computer. Boat looks great and was painted by Guardino (mispelled).

Quick Reply: The pink 38 (Mr. Cigarette) gets a make-over....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.