Twin Step vs STD V

Notices

Twin Step vs STD V

Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Step vs STD V

Hello,

Getting close to purchasing a Cigarette and finally joining the select few that own the Finest V bottom made.

Heres my question: Its coming down to a 42 Tiger with a std V or a TG with a TS. Both are blown but Speed is NOT the most important issue for us. Ride comfort and stability is more of what we are after. I do realize the differences in regards to cabin/cockpit space but I am more interested in feedback from those who had to make the same desision at some point and what ultimately made them buy one or the other.

Thanks for any info....
Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I would prefer a T/S Gun over a conventional bottom Tiger. Both nice boats, but the twin-step Gun rides very nicely, has a more efficient hull design and probably is easier to sell when you are done with it.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

pm203,

Thanks for the response. What is interesting is that when talking to different Cigarette owners in person, the ones that own the TS tell me they wouldnt own anything else yet the conventional bottom owners say its the only way to go. Cant say I have talked to many but those are the comments I have got so far. I have made a long list of pros and cons for each boat and its truly becoming a hard decision to make. The sleepless nights continue........
Old 05-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site. pm203 makes some good points.
Get the TS, the people that rave about the conventional bottoms are either reinforcing there choice or haven't ridden in a TS. There is no comparison.

Plus you say now speed is not the most important thing, but it may be in the future. Finally since the TS is so much more efficient it burns less fuel.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would go with the T/S Gun. It will be easier to sell.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

A tiger with big power and straight hull will run the same speeds as a 38 with stock power and a step bottom. I can't disagree with anything that has been said above. I got my tiger because the deal was right and the previous owner took meticulous care of it. Welcome to the site and have fun.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=offshoredrillin;2553965] I got my tiger because the deal was right and the previous owner took meticulous care of it.
QUOTE]

I always loved the colors and paint on your boat.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered

I know what has been said about the resale value but I really cant worry about that. If it was about making sense economically I dont think anybody would own a power boat of this caliber. We would all be out sailing. Besides it seems to me that these Cigarettes are amazingly strong in their value compared to other brands.
Both boats are beautiful and truthfully I am trying to get enough reinforcement towards to Tiger because I just like that boat better. Lets put it this way...if it was even close to a tie I would go Tiger. I just dont want to make a mistake that I will regret.
Let me ask this question: If you came across a Tiger, conventional hull, good power, great condition, good value, honest boat all throughout......would there be any reason not to jump on it ?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

t/s t/s t/s t/s t/s
Old 05-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Twin Step=Free Speed. Cig doesn't make straight bottoms anymore for a reason.

Quick Reply: Twin Step vs STD V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.