Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Details on Carbon Fiber option for a Cafe? >

Details on Carbon Fiber option for a Cafe?

Notices

Details on Carbon Fiber option for a Cafe?

Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
do you wipe his nose for him too... let the man say what he meant...
its all in what your looking for, what works for one may not work for another.. i think a little different than others.. i dont shy away from older boats, i dont shy away from non merc boats, if it right its right... i get it that people think that its easier to sell a stock boat, a stock boat is easier in general.. that does not go for me... there are just as many stock rigs that are junk that are with aftermarket power... the one thing that you all must remeber... after teh first rebuild and if merc did not rebuild it, its really not a merc anymore... so food for thought...

tank is a homo i think we can all still agree on that....

Stecz, don't make me mushroom stamp your forehead....again!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you wipe his nose for him too... let the man say what he meant...
its all in what your looking for, what works for one may not work for another.. i think a little different than others.. i dont shy away from older boats, i dont shy away from non merc boats, if it right its right... i get it that people think that its easier to sell a stock boat, a stock boat is easier in general.. that does not go for me... there are just as many stock rigs that are junk that are with aftermarket power... the one thing that you all must remeber... after teh first rebuild and if merc did not rebuild it, its really not a merc anymore... so food for thought...

tank is a homo i think we can all still agree on that....
I totally agree about the motor topic. Then it almost becomes a matter of seller or previous owners with service records to validate. The seller who i am working with now has reciepts for every screw he has ever bought. A lot is learned by looking at his home and cars also. On the surface i can see that this man CARES abot everything he owns, not just maintains. Big difference between maintain and maintain with care.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had one of the 8 carbon cafes.... to be honest if i had bought something else id be pissed off... my cafe was awsome.... period...... the previos owner had repainted it, and took off the markings that said it was a carbon 70, i found out by mistake one day looking through its old paer work, and bobby i think gave me the heads up that it was a carbon cafe...

can we agree that tank is a homo!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

The Cafe is an AWESOME BOAT - but man would I like a step bottom, its like getting an extra 300 HP per engine. Spoke to Tim at Cigarette last March - he will point you in the hull direction and save you a TON of GAS.

Dr.stecz - put a gun to the new owners back, this site is dog-@ss slow again, so I have a problem, can you help us fix it. Your the man right, do something fearless leader
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had one of the 8 carbon cafes.... to be honest if i had bought something else id be pissed off... my cafe was awsome.... period...... the previos owner had repainted it, and took off the markings that said it was a carbon 70, i found out by mistake one day looking through its old paer work, and bobby i think gave me the heads up that it was a carbon cafe...
Hey Dave...I really love the Cafe that I bought from you last year. I have had 3 local offers on it already. I'm not selling, but it's nice to know that it is desireable. How is it going with you? Find a boat yet ? You must be climbing the walls. Maybe this summer you can come down & we can take a day trip on the Cafe. It all depends on my health. You know the story. Got one more surgery coming up in the near future. Take care. Hope you find your perfect boat soon.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excalibur27
Hey Dave...I really love the Cafe that I bought from you last year. I have had 3 local offers on it already. I'm not selling, but it's nice to know that it is desireable. How is it going with you? Find a boat yet ? You must be climbing the walls. Maybe this summer you can come down & we can take a day trip on the Cafe. It all depends on my health. You know the story. Got one more surgery coming up in the near future. Take care. Hope you find your perfect boat soon.
glad to hear all is well.... yes i miss her... there is two boats that keep e up all night.. one fat boy, the other is otis's galdiator....

to be honest these two boats are what im about right now.... if fat boy is really on the market the timing couldnt be worse... well see......
Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by oreo11zeus
The Cafe is an AWESOME BOAT - but man would I like a step bottom, its like getting an extra 300 HP per engine. Spoke to Tim at Cigarette last March - he will point you in the hull direction and save you a TON of GAS.

Dr.stecz - put a gun to the new owners back, this site is dog-@ss slow again, so I have a problem, can you help us fix it. Your the man right, do something fearless leader
I think I would agree with ya about the steps, however i need to have something to look forward to in my next one. What did ya learn from Tim?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bobby?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you that there is one carbin 70 out there somewhere thats got a screw or two loose. A friend bought on in 92 and we had her out on a real nasty day on the great lakes. Took a series of waves at a 1/4 beam and she twisted so hard that ten feet of screws along the starboard rub rail EJECTED from the hull and about 4 feet on the port. Surprised the heck out of us when we surveyed the damage layer. Cracked a bulkhead loose so I guess thats why she twisted.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Bobby?
lucky strike jr....

Quick Reply: Details on Carbon Fiber option for a Cafe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.