Cigarette Fire sales >

Cigarette Fire sales

Notices

Cigarette Fire sales

Old 08-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Of course some will come on here and claim since Phil blessed their boat with custom paint, aluminum trim pieces and personally oversaw the build that their boat is not valued the same as a "production" Cigarette.
Damn JS, sounds like you're taking a shot at someone, but I could be wrong.

I don't think my boat is worth any more than anyone else's because Phil built it (or for any other reason for that matter). Cigarette's are a great piece no matter who oversaw production or did the rigging. But, I still wouldn't part with mine for under $100K. That's a personal decision on my part, not a shot at everyone else's rigs. But then again, mine isn't "for sale" and I'm happy with it so....

Last edited by Croozin2; 08-07-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Interesting question. There have been a lot of Cigs sell lately, the 93 lip ship top gun, GLH's tiger, kevins 35 and 38, American muscle (II?), Helios 46, Offshore cowboy 39, the 42 twin step that was going to be traded on American Muscle, Tanners 38 top gun, King Baby 42. That's the ones I can think of off my head.

One of the next Cigs to sell I bet will be spine tickler and I think Wilds boat will go quick too.

A lot of twin steps finally came on the market in the last 30-40 days, before that it was pretty slim pickings for the 2000-2002 38 cigs for sale.

Haven't heard but I don't think any of them went for fire sale prices.

Looks to me that clean boats priced right are selling, older stuff without updates or needing power or drive upgrades and those that have the same selling prices as they were asking last year aren't selling. There may be some fire sales but I don't think you're picking up a twin step gun for $100K for a couple of years yet.

I can tell you I looked into a 38 DOnzi ZRC last year and the boat is still for sale only for $5K more than they were asking last year , so it isn't just Cigarettes that have some stale ads on OSO. You could say it about every brand on here.

So, there are boats for sale and boats that people want to sell, two very different things.

One cig model that I will say is getting real cheap are the Gladiators.
Don't forget Wes' 2007 39 / 700 Lost Cowboy sold last month /pretty quick too (BTW it was a Lip-Ship Edition)
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is the bottom feeders will still be shopping next, year, and the next year, etc. The entire 8 years I've been on this board there's always been the "I'm waiting for the market to bottom out" crew.

I guess some just assume that no one that owns these boats can actually afford to own them, or wait for their number? The only "buyers market" or firesales I've seen, is for junk that will end up costing the same in the end as a nice boat to make it right. Funky paintjobs and weird power setups obviously are discounted, but then you have to change that or suffer the same loss down the road.

The folks selling those might be having firesales, but what have you saved by getting one of those?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I sold my Cigarette a few months back within a couple thousand of the listed price.

If you have something that has some uniquness to it, there will always be people willing to give you fair money for it thanks to it's exclusivity. Obviously patience is of the essence.

My guess is a similarily priced boat of a bigger number produced brand would still be in my driveway.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Damn JS, sounds like you're taking a shot at someone, but I could be wrong.
Actually wasn't thinking of you (forgot your boat was a Lipship). There are a couple of Gladiator guys that are real proud of their Lipship rigs.......
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Interesting question. There have been a lot of Cigs sell lately, the 93 lip ship top gun, GLH's tiger, kevins 35 and 38, American muscle (II?), Helios 46, Offshore cowboy 39, the 42 twin step that was going to be traded on American Muscle, Tanners 38 top gun, King Baby 42. That's the ones I can think of off my head.
American Muscle II sold twice this year.

I think you would be shocked to hear some of the prices that these rigs brought, hint no where near what the original asking prices were when they were first listed.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually wasn't thinking of you (forgot your boat was a Lipship). There are a couple of Gladiator guys that are real proud of their Lipship rigs.......
Just bustin' on ya!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool ????????????

American Muscle II sold twice this year.

I think you would be shocked to hear some of the prices that these rigs brought, hint no where near what the original asking prices were when they were first listed.
I sold it both times and I think the buyer and the seller were happy with both deals!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
I sold it both times and I think the buyer and the seller were happy with both deals!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be the only guy in the boat business selling any boats in 08!

How fast is that 39 with 850's you have for sale?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default things are selling

You must be the only guy in the boat business selling any boats in 08!

How fast is that 39 with 850's you have for sale?
Delivered the 2006 39' Cigarette with 1075's today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the 850 boat runs 108-109mph.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Fire sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.