Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But its still a 20 year old boat.

My opinion is if it were 12K less then were talkin

Ill bet will not sell for over 75K maybe not even 70K
Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If a boat is taken care of properly, then i wouldn't be worrying how old it is.
Its the same age as your baja.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Lmfao
Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,004 Posts

I love all the bottom feeders...."not cheap enough".

My neighbor just sold his 94 Top Gun with carbed 500's and bravos for 80k. Boat went to the philipenes. Boat was super nice and ran perfect with 0 problems. It was listed a long time but finally sold for about 10k than he originally listed it for.

People that have the money and want to buy are buying. People that need to beg borrow and steal to scrape together enough to afford a "fire sale" keep waiting for the price to drop.

The saying always rings true: You get what you pay for!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

The problem is that guys that have 20 year old Baja's now think they can a Cigarette just because the market is soft. The truth is they might be able to but like said already "you will get what you pay for". They will be buying an all original boat with no updates and a long list of things to do. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Why is that people who may not have as much disposable income as others to spend on a Cigarette be it old or new are referred to as "bottom feeders"? I have seen this twice in the last week or so in the Cig forums. Whether or not someone has the money to buy a boat doesn't make them a bottom feeder. I would think it only common sense to get the best deal and value possible for one's hard earned money.

Yes, it is true that many (if not most) of us have to borrow from the bank to have a boat, but we still enjoy our hobby as much as the guy who doesn't. I would bet MOST of the people on this board who own any Cig has lien on the title.

In the end, all of the boat values are market driven. A boat will sell for what the buyer is willing to pay. There are a lot of older Cigs available right now, and most of them have a pretty hefty price tag for boats that old. Whether it's too much, or not enough, I'm not the one to decide. I just take a little offense to the bottom feeder line as it seems anyone who may have to get a loan or flat can't buy a $75k to $100k used boat gets knocked here. Everyone has their own financial story and everyone has things they have to deal with. It doesn't make them bottom feeders.

Sorry for the rant on your thread Storm!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Why is that people who may not have as much disposable income as others to spend on a Cigarette be it old or new are referred to as "bottom feeders"? I have seen this twice in the last week or so in the Cig forums. Whether or not someone has the money to buy a boat doesn't make them a bottom feeder. I would think it only common sense to get the best deal and value possible for one's hard earned money.

Yes, it is true that many (if not most) of us have to borrow from the bank to have a boat, but we still enjoy our hobby as much as the guy who doesn't. I would bet MOST of the people on this board who own any Cig has lien on the title.

In the end, all of the boat values are market driven. A boat will sell for what the buyer is willing to pay. There are a lot of older Cigs available right now, and most of them have a pretty hefty price tag for boats that old. Whether it's too much, or not enough, I'm not the one to decide. I just take a little offense to the bottom feeder line as it seems anyone who may have to get a loan or flat can't buy a $75k to $100k used boat gets knocked here. Everyone has their own financial story and everyone has things they have to deal with. It doesn't make them bottom feeders.

It's because those people are saying that our boats are not worth anything. When ever I here this stuff I always think to myself these are not the boats for you, they are hoping they will come down to their price level and in most cases it never happens.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261

To me, the bottom feeders are the ones (I wont say names) that continue to basically talk sh!t about others that are trying to sell their boats by saying "it's too much, over priced, not worth it" etc. The main problem with this is that these said people AREN'T EVEN INTERESTED IN THE BOAT. Just get on here and knock it.

Has nothing to do with getting a loan and I don't knock anyone that has a loan on their boat. Unless you're the one that can't afford the boat, can only qualify for 40k and keep coming on here talking sh!t to basically make yourself feel better that the market will get so soft you can afford the boat. To me, that's a bottom feeder.

And there is a negative connotaion with continually saying a boat(s) is over priced. You have a buyer and you have a seller. The sellers asking this price. The buyer keeps reading that it's too much on here and now believes it is just because someone esle cant' afford it.

Boats will sell and they'll sit. Makes no difference to me. Mines not for sale. But I'm not going to get on here and talk sh!t about someones price being too high. It's just f*cked up and doesn't look good. Basically a d!ck maneuvar to make negative comments about a boat someone has no stake in.

Last edited by thisistank; 09-05-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
To me, the bottom feeders are the ones (I wont say names) that continue to basically talk sh!t about others that are trying to sell their boats by saying "it's too much, over priced, not worth it" etc. The main problem with this is that these said people AREN'T EVEN INTERESTED IN THE BOAT. Just get on here and knock it.

Has nothing to do with getting a loan and I don't knock anyone that has a loan on their boat. Unless you're the one that can't afford the boat, can only qualify for 40k and keep coming on here talking sh!t to basically make yourself feel better that the market will get so soft you can afford the boat. To me, that's a bottom feeder.

And there is a negative connotaion with continually saying a boat(s) is over priced. You have a buyer and you have a seller. The sellers asking this price. The buyer keeps reading that it's too much on here and now believes it is just because someone esle cant' afford it.

Boats will sell and they'll sit. Makes no difference to me. Mines not for sale. But I'm not going to get on here and talk sh!t about someones price being too high. It's just f*cked up and doesn't look good. Basically a d!ck maneuvar to make negative comments about a boat someone has no stake in.
Well said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.