Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Need some help understanding the cafe racer, bullet, tops gun..flat deck 38 >

Need some help understanding the cafe racer, bullet, tops gun..flat deck 38

Notices

Need some help understanding the cafe racer, bullet, tops gun..flat deck 38

Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Steve_H

silicone should NEVER be used on or around a transom.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind me asking what's your budget?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
You talking delaminating at the chine? Only other Cig I"ve seen that happen to personally is the "Pink Flamingo" Top Gun. It hit a telephone pole or tree while on a poker run to cause the delamination.
the reason i am questioning the cig at my marina is it's up for sale ( of course ) and i have been talking to the marina owner about buying it until i saw this problem i described ,say the hull sides come down like a thin sheet of luan and where that straight side met the bottom ,the thin side was separating from the bottom and the boat had been taking on water there , if i bang on the side of my donzi with an open hand it is very solid if you slap the side of this perticular cafe with an open hand it is very thin and seems almost flimsy , the only reason i am pusuing this is just purley out of curiosity at this point , i personally am about a year and a half away from spending approx 175k-225k on my next ride and am very very seriously considering t/s topgun 525's or 575's , initially i was going to step up to a smaller older cig but , the cafe at my local marina kind of made me decide to hold off till i can afford the t/s tg......alot of you guys helped sway me i really love the pack of wolves feeling i get from all the cig owners , i wana be part of the wolf pack.!! don't mess with the cig guys , any of you guys headin to kw , my first time at the worlds , pretty psyched !!!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

I am a LOTO boater... water gets messy on weekends... i want to run 85+ ..... budget ..well if i can get into one for under 80k that has had some upgrades.. thats why I lean towards cafe racers.. really like the lines

will be stored on a lift....

thanks for the replys!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Steve_H

dont know the boat but it sure seams like a decent buy.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Racer-93466918

Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I know that cafe, It's a nice boat. Steve with the Richmond Va. power boat association owns it. His teams puts on one hell of a pkoer run every year also.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 1982 Mistress for sell also with an American aluminum trailer. I have a set of 502 MPI's I need to install in the Mistress, if interested e-mail me. I will deal.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I also know the Cafe from VA and can say it's very clean and runs strong.

I also know Harveys Mistress and can say if anyone wanted a classic in very good shape, it's nice.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by ikanscuba
I am a LOTO boater... water gets messy on weekends... i want to run 85+ ..... budget ..well if i can get into one for under 80k that has had some upgrades.. thats why I lean towards cafe racers.. really like the lines

will be stored on a lift....

thanks for the replys!
To run 85 mph, you're gonna need about 700HP a side in a straight bottom TG or Cafe and probably 650hp in a bullet.

BTW, my 32 AT will take anything LOTO has to throw at it and I can pretty much run 55-60 in any water there. You may want to check out Audacity. It will run the speed you're looking for and handle LOTO fine. Also in your budget.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
To run 85 mph, you're gonna need about 700HP a side in a straight bottom TG or Cafe and probably 650hp in a bullet.

BTW, my 32 AT will take anything LOTO has to throw at it and I can pretty much run 55-60 in any water there. You may want to check out Audacity. It will run the speed you're looking for and handle LOTO fine. Also in your budget.
I was just thinking the same thing when I read the part of the post about 85+mph, that is quick in an old V. Griff's not kidding about how well his AT walks through the slop. Saturday after OSS races I was attempting to catch up to Griff (and actually think I was for a moment) but when he hit it he was gone.

For your budget you might need a more efficient hull like the AT because that big power to make the older resin buckets move is going to cost you some $$. That is the reason my boat is so darned slow...

Quick Reply: Need some help understanding the cafe racer, bullet, tops gun..flat deck 38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.