Where is this 38' Top Gun? >

Where is this 38' Top Gun?

Notices

Where is this 38' Top Gun?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this the one you are talking about???
Attached Thumbnails Where is this 38' Top Gun?-picture%2520546%5B1%5D-3-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
apache57

Originally Posted by wstultz
Is this the one you are talking about???
No, thats a different TG. The TG people are talking about in this thread was a west coast boat, cali or arizona if i recall. I do remember it being for sale for a good while. Its sad that when engines get refreshed or new motors installed, they can get rigged up wrong. It is nice to hear about an up front seller. I might have saved some pictures, i will check when i get on my home computer tomorrow.

JT

Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Great boat. It was in my family before going to Nevada.
Attached Thumbnails Where is this 38' Top Gun?-188485734arosvz_fs-large-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hurleyr
Sounds like you were just what she needed. A little trouble shooting and some mechanical know how.

I spoke with Robert a while back about that boat. He scared me away with his honesty on the motors. He was also asking alot more the previous year when we were talking. I'm glad you have it worked out.

You have to appreciate an honest seller. Full disclosure is the key. I think your cuz got a screaming deal on a clean Gun.
Both he and I agree, we looked at quite a few (he was the money man, I just did the legwork), and decided that even if both motors were pooched, the boat was worth the asking price. We feel Robert was pretty straight up about things, all things considered. My cuz is just used to getting in something and going, but is starting to accept that sometimes boats need a little work. It will all get squared away and be a great Lake Erie boat. It was awesome how that thing ate up the lake when she ran good. It was a calm day, 2 footers at the most but it screamed across that lake and it seemed like everybody we passed waved and took pictures and he finally understood what all the fuss was about. It made all those weekends twisted around that bilge instead of out on my Baja worthwhile.

Here is a pic of the boat, him at that helm and my fat ass on the bow. This was the first day out and we were not happy campers:
Attached Thumbnails Where is this 38' Top Gun?-img_0124.jpg  

Last edited by c_deezy; 11-24-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
Great boat. It was in my family before going to Nevada.
Excalibur - Were you the ones that had it on GLOC or Texoma? Yes it is a great boat, still a very cherry ride and old school cool!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Registered

Texoma.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Sorry Tank, didn't mean to jump on you....

C, I didn't take it that way at all. I know Robert is a straight shooter and the boat should've been "failrly" turn key. Those motors were good when he put them in (and it looks like they still are). I just knew Robert would disclose any issues to a potential buyer with no suprises.

On a side note. I think I know the deal with your drive oil in the bildge. My TG was doing the same thing. As with our 3A's the TRS's have the "puke bottle" on the transom right? Just above the gimble? Mine had a leaky propr shaft seal that would let water in when sitting for a while. The added water would push the oil level up and make it puke out the bottle breather when running hard. This would over fill into the gimble cut out (tiller arm cutout...or whatever it's called). I fixed the seal, flushed with oil a few times and have not had the problem since.

Easy way to tell if it's this is pull the lower drain plug off the drive. Water comes out, this is the problem.

As ExcaliburHawk said, it was in Texoma for a while. I remeber when it was for sale out there before we bought ours and I looked at it then to buy.

And the swim step on that boat used to be on my boat! The small dent on the port side (if it's still there) was from when I shipped our boat out from Phils and some guy with a 5th wheel clipped it. Insurance bought me a new one!

Show us some pics of the updated dash.

Last edited by thisistank; 11-24-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Giving bad info? Shame, shame.
Even with all those issues, I'd still say it's turn key for the price

Last time I saw it, he had just re-done some interior, slapped the new motors in and put a new swim step on. boat looked and ran great!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered

Tank, I was in your neck of the woods the other day. Might be back in January. Do any boating in January? Ill buy the gas.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
Tank, I was in your neck of the woods the other day. Might be back in January. Do any boating in January? Ill buy the gas.
Hells yea! Call me up. You buy I'll fly!

Quick Reply: Where is this 38' Top Gun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.