Cig for down payment on Land!!!! >

Cig for down payment on Land!!!!

Notices

Cig for down payment on Land!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cig for down payment on Land!!!!

I have been looking for a 38 gun for a little now and was thinking. I have a nice 1 acre piece of land, custom home lot power, water ect. right off of Las Vegas Blvd South. It is zoned RE but we keep receiving letters as some developers are trying to convert the area to commercial. I own it out right and would consider a Cigarette as a down and would carry the difference. At the height of the market I was offered over 700K for it and at the time my wife and I wanted to build. Keep in mind if it goes commercial it would be worth alot more than 700K. I believe LVBLVD. is still pulling a little over a mill. per acre. I will entertain all offers if anyone is iterested. If I sell it out right it's going to be hard to tell wifey I need a little for a Cig. 38,39,42,46 cigs are all OK.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Any takers?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew! Touching real estate out there now is very risky. Were entering the early stages of a full blown depression. Sell that property while you can!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:40 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CigaretteDon
Whew! Touching real estate out there now is very risky. Were entering the early stages of a full blown depression. Sell that property while you can!

NOOOO....you own it outright. Its not hurting you to sit on it. Especially compared to a boat.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That Property will always be worth more than in Cig or boat in general, just your yearly expense on the land is cheaper than what a Cig will cost you in 90days or 6mos. (46 w/1200s) STICK W/THE LAND, RIDE THE STORM OUT you will much happier when things turn around or when they rezone it commercial. CHAAAAA-CHING baby.....

Last edited by fubard; 01-17-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered

Things will turn around in 8-10 years. The Feds already pumped 700 Billion into the economy and it has not helped. About 20 major banks have gone under in 08. And Obama-omama aint going to help either - everyone has false hopes. His stimulus plan may cause a rally for the next 3-6 months then the markets will crash even harder after that. Derivatives has caused this mess and its actually a 800 trillion dollar problem - globally! - YES TRILLIONS. Most people are uninformed or listen to the talking heads on Wallstreet/CNNBC etc. The facts are out there. Check out "Europac.net" - this will open your eyes. The bottom line is: There is no more cash out there!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my cig BUT a boat has to be the worst possible investment one can make as far as roi.

real estate has always been about the best.... even in this market... hold on to what you have, things will improve and a boat will always be a terrible investment - but fun! Hopefully they rezone it commercial and you will be in a fgreat spot. Don't be a fool with what you have.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

Not to hijack this thread but I ll post a similar proposal. 7 acres in Nothern Mich and I ll trad it for a boat. Some one got a boat worth over 25K they want to trade I am game also.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eichhoma
I love my cig BUT a boat has to be the worst possible investment one can make as far as roi.

real estate has always been about the best.... even in this market... hold on to what you have, things will improve and a boat will always be a terrible investment - but fun! Hopefully they rezone it commercial and you will be in a fgreat spot. Don't be a fool with what you have.
I know, you are right. I recently sold my 36OL and was thinking of stepping up to a Cig. Now my wife and I are taking advantage of this market and buying another home to live in on 3/4 of an acre. Plenty of room to store my new Cig when the time comes. If the property gets rezoned commercial I wont have built a house I would have to move my family out of 10years from now. We are selling homes like crazy in Vegas. And if anyone wants one PM me as I run a bank that represents many REO properties.

Last edited by Moses; 01-20-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Wording