Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
NYC Boat Show NO Cigs  Terrible Show!! >

NYC Boat Show NO Cigs Terrible Show!!

Notices

NYC Boat Show NO Cigs Terrible Show!!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is only one show that matters.... what really killed the shows are the internet.. before it was the only way for a reg joe to see these kinda boats, or if they got lucky on the water.. now with the internet and these sites, we see then before they are even done with paint.. like magizines boat shows are a thing of the past and has been for some time now... being on these sites were are well educated consumer, no where else could you get a group together of this stature.. these days the shows are the poker runs and the races.. go to a major poker run and you will see things you never even dreamed of.. time are changing, i wont miss the shows... they served there purpose, now they are dead....
Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Two shows actually. Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Shows are not dead forever. They are just down with the economy.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NYC show sucked this year and by the look of attendance I will be surprised if they have it next year. Miami show is a great time and well worth a trip.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

The Dallas, TX show will have Cigarettes, Fountains, Donzi's and Formulas because 1 dealer provides all 4.

Fort Lauderdale & Miami are the best.

The London show is not bad either.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Charter Member # 1215

The truth of the matter is, in ALL Industries across the board, manufacturers are looking to keep their burn rate as low as possible, regardless of their financial status. The CES Show(Consumer Electronic Show) has 4 of its the largest exhibitors pulling from this years upcoming show. There also seams to be a greater problem that few have touched upon. Service, more and more Marina's are closing there shops, and placing properties for sale. With the decline of local Marina's and the mechanics that keep these boats running are few , one would have to think long and hard about purchasing a boat, for sometime. I had sold my 42 Tiger 2 years ago, and still see several boats that are still listed for sale since I had sold mine.

The Boat Show is the least importance of the Big Picture
Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

While most everything posted about this year's NYC boat show is true, it was still interesting to spend a couple hours checking out cruisers and talking boats. I met Scott B. from Geico racing and he was just as cool as the many Geico vids portray him. Keep up the great work Haggin, Begovich and Granet!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

The show was definately off, but I had a great time. Usually at most boat shows we are mobbed and can't do much of anything but say hi and bi to people. At this years NY show I got to spend alot more time with people and it was more relaxed for us. I got to chat with the legend Richie Powers and guys like Jigsaw who made the effort to attend got the full treatment from the GEICO crew.
We enjoyed it and it was great talking with everyone who made it, plus I got to brush up on my juggling
Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
I have no horse in this race so chill...and I only hope Cigarette can cope with this bad economy like everyone else.
Dont tell me to chill, you come on this thread and tell everyone Cigarette has problems, but you have yet to show anything that makes your statement real!!!!!!!!! I know the market is down, and people are hurting, but for you to come on here and maybe influince someone's boat buying on un-true facts is wrong, so you chill *******, put up facts to back up your opions. There are real people behind these companies, that have jobs and bills to pay!!!! This country needs to stick together and work thru these tuff times, not knock other business's!!!!!!!!

Last edited by WMF; 12-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: NYC Boat Show NO Cigs Terrible Show!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.