Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Numbering Cig 20`s... >

Numbering Cig 20`s...

Notices

Numbering Cig 20`s...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barry - No I did not get my boat from Jeff. My boat was given to me free for debts owed to me while working on a 42' Carver as livaboard Captain/Mechanic. My boat was sitting outside for over 15+ years occupied by very large wood ants ( my seats were shot from these guys ) - needs everything. It is white with red sides. A picture of it is on the "Lakeside Restorations" website under "Clients boats" - the pic of it is the day I dropped it off there. It is called "HellCat" - a lot of people know the boat. Don Aronow and Dale Lucas raced everybody they could in Miami in this boat in the day. Boat was in OC in the late 70`s and early 80`s. There is a local O.C. magazine article about the boat but I cant find one. From what I am seeing here, there are a lot of 20' Cigs in the Chesapeake area! I should have mine done in a year - cost of engine/drive package is delaying project. Why does HP cost so much!

Barry - Give me a call next time you are in Towson. 410-963-3521. We can have a drink at Hooters on Joppa Rd. Would like to talk more about these boats - rigging etc. It would be nice to have a local 20` Cig owner get together once in awhile.

Last edited by CigaretteDon; 01-19-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteDon
Barry - No I did not get my boat from Jeff. My boat was given to me free for debts owed to me while working on a 42' Carver as livaboard Captain/Mechanic. My boat was sitting outside for over 15+ years - needs everything. It is white with red sides. A picture of it is on the "Lakeside Restoration" website under "Clients boats" - the pic of it is the day I dropped it off there. From what I am seeing there are a lot of 20' Cigs in the Chesapeake area! I should have mine done in a year - cost of engine/drive package is delaying project. Why does HP cost so much!
Sounds good. If you need info, let me know. Also if you need to preview my 20 for reference, you are welcomed to.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wild
Mine is

CRT200941178

20 cig #94 built nov 78
Interesting that your boat was built 7 months later but has a hull number 12 before mine. Sounds like the order from your boat may have been delayed, or they layed up the hull and didn't get to it until later, maybe because of options like color or power????

Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Interesting that your boat was built 7 months later but has a hull number 12 before mine. Sounds like the order from your boat may have been delayed, or they layed up the hull and didn't get to it until later, maybe because of options like color or power????
Or did I read the number wrong? Is mine #60? Could they have made 30 - some 20' in 1978?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Barry - If I need your boat as a reference - I will gladly contact you - thanks. My boat was all intact except the engine was missing. I am having it restored while keeping the classic look. I am replacing all guages but retaining the original bezels. Presently, the boat has been stripped down completely. I am doing a full resto on it.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by CigaretteDon
Barry - No I did not get my boat from Jeff. My boat was given to me free for debts owed to me while working on a 42' Carver as livaboard Captain/Mechanic. My boat was sitting outside for over 15+ years occupied by very large wood ants ( my seats were shot from these guys ) - needs everything. It is white with red sides. A picture of it is on the "Lakeside Restorations" website under "Clients boats" - the pic of it is the day I dropped it off there. It is called "HellCat" - a lot of people know the boat. Don Aronow and Dale Lucas raced everybody they could in Miami in this boat in the day. Boat was in OC in the late 70`s and early 80`s. There is a local O.C. magazine article about the boat but I cant find one. From what I am seeing here, there are a lot of 20' Cigs in the Chesapeake area! I should have mine done in a year - cost of engine/drive package is delaying project. Why does HP cost so much!

Barry - Give me a call next time you are in Towson. 410-963-3521. We can have a drink at Hooters on Joppa Rd. Would like to talk more about these boats - rigging etc. It would be nice to have a local 20` Cig owner get together once in awhile.
I'm in towson every week, I work with the Maserati dealer, and lexus of towson as well. Cant beat lunch at the Towson Diner...
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Barry - It looks to me like you have the 106th boat built. The zero after 6 is for double digit days. Keep it up guys, its nice to see these boats popping up.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default Great...

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
original jet drive boat, now a blackhawk on an ITS 500efi, soon to be whipplecharged.
I love them BlackHawk drives - they look awesome but I hear they are hard to find - parts?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

all the internals are still made, and interchangeable. the cases are tough to find, but well worth it.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Ok guys, I have asked this question a couple times and nobody wants to answer it. I am sorry for bringing other builders in here and it is a little bit of a hi-jack but here goes. Can some one please tell me the difference if any (besides the 2 foot) between the 20 Cig and the 22 dare I say---Apache? The Apache's don't seem to bring the money or interest like the Cigs. Why is that? Are they basicly the same bottom?

Last edited by cosmic12; 01-20-2009 at 03:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Numbering Cig 20`s...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.