Twin Steps still at it! >

Twin Steps still at it!

Notices

Twin Steps still at it!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I D 10 T

The error code on this has been universally defined as an - "ID10T" error.

Boats have been rolling hooking, spinning and flipping since there have been boats.

Unfortunate, but cant blame the boat.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame. That was a very nice boat.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

IMO the boat was not going very fast to eject the driver, no?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
LZH
Registered

That retard is sitting there driving like he's at the wheel of his S550 Benz on the freeway.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think twin steps are awesome, however, isn't there some differences in driving techniques you have to use with them? I have heard somethign about you shouldn't decrease throttle in a turn? That is actually a good question for you senior guys with TS boats. What are the differences in behavior from TS's to flat bottom's? What do you have to do differently in a TS? I have a flat bottom but my next one will be a TS.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

this happend in europe with the TS topgun in belgium,2 weeks later in germany on the rhein almost the same accident.

the boat spinned first , passagers eject.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Steps still at it!-img_20011.jpg   Twin Steps still at it!-img_20021.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eichhoma
I think twin steps are awesome, however, isn't there some differences in driving techniques you have to use with them? I have heard somethign about you shouldn't decrease throttle in a turn? That is actually a good question for you senior guys with TS boats. What are the differences in behavior from TS's to flat bottom's? What do you have to do differently in a TS? I have a flat bottom but my next one will be a TS.

The "differences" in handling depend on a lot of things water, boats design, speed, tightness of turn, trimming during a turn etc.....

Whos answers are credible is really the question.

In my opinion one credible answer comes from Jo at Pantera powerboats. -

Jo (I think hes the owner) at Pantera powerboats said their new 28 suffers no ill handling and is 10% faster that a standard non step V. You can look it up right here on OSO in the Pantera forum.

Like I said before, boats have been spinning, flipping and wrecking for as long as there have been boats. Someone blaming their rigs design when they haven't taken the time to learn its characteristics is laughable.

Tank called it with the 911 handling analogy- is it the car?

No it a simple matter of "running out of talent" and searching for something to blame. like whiffing a tennis shot an holding up the racket with a blank stare.

Pushing it in turns without a lanyard is plain stupid.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, if you buy a twin step, take Tres Martin's class and learn how to drive it properly.

The basics are that the bow has a deeper profile than the stern on a twin step and also injects air under the boat.

If you: slow down in a turn and/or trim the drives in and/or trim the tabs down you will cause the bow to lower and the stern to lift, the stern will then lose its bite and the boat will hook. (Remember when Maverick flys thru Ice Man's jet wash?)

If you take the class you will learn how to properly set the boat before a turn, what to watch for relative to the instrumentation, and how to maneuver the boat accordingly. With proper training you can safely turn the boat at speed.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=dhlaw;2803645]I am surprised that Cig still hasnt addressed the spin issue. This l0ooks like a brand new boat.

Somebody has to get over that they spun out a race boat...........It happens.

Quick Reply: Twin Steps still at it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.