Notices

Rub Rails

Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rub Rails

I want to take my rub rails off and re-caulk them. Do any of you guys know what the best way would be to remove the old worn out caulking ? Is there a product I should use that makes taking the old caulk off easier ? I will probably also take the rub rails to my polisher and have them cleaned up and replace all the stainless screws. Thanks in advance !!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Luke, is your caulk all beat up and loose in there? Do you have white caulk or black caulk? Be careful when you're playing with the caulk that you don't get it into your mouth or face area. Some caulk has been known to create irritation to the skin. When laying the caulk down make sure you get it in there tight. I've heard from some that love the caulk that more is better. You should be able to get a bulk rate on getting all the caulk you need to get the job done. Have fun playing with the caulk, it could be messy though!

I couldn't help myself!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
LZH
Registered

Not so much beat up and loose, just lookin pretty ragged, sections missing, etc. Been that way since I got her...
Rub rail itself is in god shape with the usual scuffs and scrapes here and there. Visually it's just getting on my nerves as it's the first thing you seen when you look at the boat and it just looks worn. A nice clean new bead and polished rail will make a huge difference and I've got some time get it done while the new motor is being put together. Looking forward to a great season
Old 03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Do you have white caulk or black caulk? Be careful when you're playing with the caulk that you don't get it into your mouth or face area. Some caulk has been known to create irritation to the skin.
Friggin left coast Democrat.....let em eat it if he wants, and everything doesn't have to be about black and white
Old 03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
LZH
Registered

LOL - actually, I have white and black caulk. Black below the rail and white above.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
LZH
Registered

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Luke, is your caulk all beat up and loose in there? Do you have white caulk or black caulk? Be careful when you're playing with the caulk that you don't get it into your mouth or face area. Some caulk has been known to create irritation to the skin. When laying the caulk down make sure you get it in there tight. I've heard from some that love the caulk that more is better. You should be able to get a bulk rate on getting all the caulk you need to get the job done. Have fun playing with the caulk, it could be messy though!

I couldn't help myself!
You are a caulk-sucker.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
LZH
Registered

LOL - fockers
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LZH
I have white and black caulk. Black below the rail and white above.
go see a doctor quick... some antibiotics might help
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You are a caulk-sucker.
Nope, I don't mess around with the caulk...I leave it to the professionals. I have one caulk tube that I get personal jobs done with.

PM, can you tell us how you like the caulk? I know dealing with your limited supply of caulk is difficult but when you're on a big job where lots of caulk is needed, I"m sure when things get rolling and caulk is flying around all over the place, some of it has landed in your mouth. I understand theirs different flavors to the caulk...Different shades....Different textures. Is all this true?

Quick Reply: Rub Rails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.