Kevlar, # 6's, paint, colors, rear Bolsters
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o18879-en.html
Attached Thumbnails Lets play a "game".-18879.jpg  
Old 03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blume
This one?????????
Yep , thats the one, I have a thing for Silver and red.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I would like to have a 35 mistress with 3 man race bolster and staggerd 1000 HP on sixes with boxes !!!!!

I bet ,,that would beat all the newer and older ones !!! LOL

Old 03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Helios was defiantly one of our favorite projects ever. I ran it the other day to test some props for Don and Patty Murphy the owners and every time I climb in that boat it makes me smile. It is nice to do a project like this when the build meeting with the owner is looking over the side of his big boat from the third level up looking down at his previous 42’ Cigarette rafted off the transom, and the captain say’s “Do you want me to paint this boat, or paint the Cigarette, because the shade of blue doesn’t match” The owner said “Why don’t we just build a new one. If you can build a new boat and deliver it in St Tropez for my summer vacation, do it. Just make it the best 46 ever built. I don’t like white, and make it match the Yacht". The money arrived a few days later and the deal was done.
This boat was one of 5 tenders to a 200' yacht. The largest an 88' Pershing then "Helios" the 46' Cigarette, a 45' Wally (we also built for him), a 30' Intrepid (we are rebuilding currently), and a small Rigid inflatable. I had the privilege of traveling the world to run the boat with the owner. Cindy Crawford and Chuck Liddell (of UFC) and a few other celebrities went for their first 100mph+ ride in this boat. We might have even put a little fear in Liddell, if that's possible, On his first ride he said if we hurt him he would have to kill us. After several trips it was apparent that trying to ship the Pershing and Cigarette to destinations and keep up with the pace of the yacht was just too much. (I sent their Wally to meet them in Australia last summer and the commercial ships could never catch up with them. After 7 months of traveling around the world it came back to our shop without ever being used.) So he decided to sell these two boats. Don and Patty Murphy are now the proud owners and I am happy to see them have it. The boat still looks like it did the day it rolled out of the factory. I have some more photos and a link to a video if the other boats if anyone is interested to see more. http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...age=out&id=142

Peter
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BLee,

I need that "Crack pipe smily face"
Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by custommarine
BLee,

I need that "Crack pipe smily face"

Haha, it works great when words aren't enough.

Sup Pete?! I've been keeping up with your different experiences on your website. What a GREAT set of clients you have. I bet it makes the "job" that much more fun being able to travel around with them, ESPECIALLY getting to run the toys that YOU designed. Keep posting the pictures for us when you have time!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a 35 mistress is a great ruff water hull,,don't ya think ?!
Sure it is but I don't think it will destroy the competion old and new like you claim in your previous post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

I think a 35 mistress is a great ruff water hull,,don't ya think ?!
Oh yeah........just not "beat all the newer and older ones" great.

Quick Reply: Lets play a "game".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.