Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
03 42 Tiger 575's,I need prop help 5 blade Herrings? >

03 42 Tiger 575's,I need prop help 5 blade Herrings?

Notices

03 42 Tiger 575's,I need prop help 5 blade Herrings?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question 03 42 Tiger 575's,I need prop help 5 blade Herrings?

Ive got a buddy that just bought a Beautiful 03 42 Tiger 575's extension box's from Randy at Fast Boats. Its suppose to have 5 blade Herrings on it? I cant tell ,the props have NO markings on them and the boat is propped wrong.They look like hydro's? I have no idea were to start with.I'm not 100% sure on the motors either? but they seen fine now. When he bought it,first time out it had problems, fuel pump bad diaphragm busted and the thermostat was stuck open with little pebbles making it stay in cold start mode, it would not run,When I drove it, it was the second time on the water and the first 42 I'v driven.

It barley gets on plane, The best I found Ya have to bring it up to 2800 and then start bringing tabs down,drive tucked. it takes forever to get the nose down,Dangerous for my short little buddyStarting with tabs down instantly blows out,babying/feathering it will let loose also,seems like it likes plowing down to get grip and get the tabs to roll it over, it carries the nose up to 50 plus.But I am use to my Hustler.Theres is allot of difference between the two!!

It will show 5lbs boost ,I ran it up to 4500 slowly to get past peek TQ and theres nothing left trying to turn it up higher,lots of sticks left,its like its lugging it.I figured it would detonate lugging it at 4500 and full boost?

Cruising around 35-3600 was at 0 lbs, around 68mph,w/ no gas.

He doesn't care about topend speed ,I still think he needs 5 blades to help getting on plane and his cruising speed, Says max 5200rpm ,id like to get close to that.

Croozin2 mentioned 30 4blds, So I am 'guessing' 28 5 blades non labed.

What did they come from the factory with?

Any suggestions and or experance would be greatly apperciated.
Thanks
Rob

Ill get some picks

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Call Throttle up propellers, they can help you
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

'02 Tiger with 525's. Running 30 4 blade. Tabs down to 4 or 5 and drives (xr's) all the way in. Throttle up until slight blow out - ease off just a tad until bites and go. Mine likes drives out.

Ed
Old 04-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o12578-en.html

This guy has 4 blades too....575's on Boxes it appears...
Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango
'02 Tiger with 525's. Running 30 4 blade. Tabs down to 4 or 5 and drives (xr's) all the way in. Throttle up until slight blow out - ease off just a tad until bites and go. Mine likes drives out.

Ed

If its the same props I had on it they are 31's labbed I bought from Lipship Performance.

Did you get the full cover yet.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed
That's pretty similar to what Stalkin has to do to get his on plane. He really has a sequence that he goes through but it works. His wheels are labbed 30 Bravos.

It seems the Tigers are very prone to slippage/blowout on initial acceleration. That's a lot of boat to get moving. And Strip, Stalkin's is pretty bad about bow rise too but then so is my Gun until you get it to break over.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow Out

My Top Gun will not get on plane with any props that have had the Defuser Ring removed. Tried Herrings without and could not plane.My ex- dimention is 1.5 inches higher so not a direct compare for you , but try props with the Ring in place and see if it helps.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
If its the same props I had on it they are 31's labbed I bought from Lipship Performance.

Did you get the full cover yet.
Jeremy,
Do you remember how the 4blds you used of mine performed on ur tiger? I still have those in the boxes and not sure they would work for his application? Pretty sure they are 30's def not labbed. If I remember correctly they might have been a little small....
Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Question

Ed

Do you have extension boxes?

Are you getting on plane with drives out a little? Yours likes drives out when?

First I know it way over propped,it needs 700 rpm.

I tried feathering it like Richard Simmons would it still blew out , not like cavitation working it to get on plane .My buddy said he did it he said he zinged it up He does not have the hand to get into this much finesse to get it on plane.The 38 was a hand full for him, He usually had one of us

Would 6 blades make it easier?

I am assuming labbed would make it worse getting on plane.

whirlwind these have the ring.

thanks guys for the input
Rob

Old 04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Croozin2
That's pretty similar to what Stalkin has to do to get his on plane. He really has a sequence that he goes through but it works. His wheels are labbed 30 Bravos.

It seems the Tigers are very prone to slippage/blowout on initial acceleration. That's a lot of boat to get moving. And Strip, Stalkin's is pretty bad about bow rise too but then so is my Gun until you get it to break over.

I guess he should of test drove a 42 before he bought it,his other TS 38 with 30 labbeds was cavitating getting on plane,I am not use to these boat that are hard to get on plane, The Hustler jumps out at 2800.Again I don't have much experience with diff boats.Hell he had the first Cigarette boat in Mississippi,

I think he needs more power, That will always fix anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.