Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
38 TS with #6's >

38 TS with #6's

Notices

38 TS with #6's

Old 04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose a 38 TS with Arneson's would be a good choice too?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by baja27
The purple 38 #6 boat is a sweet looking boat, but handled poorly, that's why the orginal owner owner sold quickly
driven the boat several times, it didn't handle good around the dock but did very well when running speeds.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Member since the start
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blume, It was a nice boat but Neil himself wouldn't sea try the thing for the first time. He solicited the talent of a well known offshore racer. With me on board we got it up to a buck eleven and he pulled back and said that was as fast as he wanted to go with that thing. Notwithstanding anything about the handling I could not keep them freaking motors idling. You know me I need worry free boats. Hence the trade in after four months. Looked cool as hell but I was glad I got rid of it for the 42X. I still catch myself drooling over your yellow 38 with Randy's motors.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Follow thru on the high output motors is a must. When I first repowered I was disapointed with the way the boat handled around the dock. My trip to Key West in Nov was dampened by a boat that would not idle when docking. When I got back Randy (cobra) spent the time and tweaked it for hours upon hours until he got it right. When I was about ready to give up he assured me it would be fine and just kept making changes. I now have a boat that idles like it had 525s with no issues what so ever. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out but it did take patience and a dedicated engine builder/tuner. See the thread about the skater being repowered thru Youngs performance. They are all custom and just need to be figured out. The yellow cig also runs perfectly from what I hear.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
Search some old threads but seems like I remember reading that most of the #6 TS boats are not balanced well. Think there were a few built that never ran that good. Hot For Teacher is the exception, everyone raves about it. The disclaimer is that I have no personal experience, just passing on what I've read on OSO.

I believe this is the one you are talking about out of California.
Woman owned and if memory serve's me she bought it with the number 6's on it and the EXTENSION BOXES.

EXTENSION BOXES being the down side as it changes the balance point with putting the weight of the drives that much furthur behind the boat.

It cause the boat to porpose,.........not sure if that was only in cruise speed or all the time. I do remember she didn't want to change the set-up cause she liked the BAD A** look of the Drive's what out there on Boxes.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails 38 TS with #6's-mvbng1qt.jpg   38 TS with #6's-mu2km6k8.jpg   38 TS with #6's-m0npq9qh.jpg  

38 TS with #6's-m0pc6760.jpg  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
That is pretty good! I guess they are just as balanced with 6's as Bravo's?

Jason,

Here is the Cig in the back ground I was refering to running side by side with Nauti Kitty's 41' Saber.

Jon

( You could contact ( Nauti kitty ) here on the board his friend Curtis Ganos runs a 38 top gun side by side with #6's and either 900's or 950's with 1.61 ratio for acceleration.

If memory serve's me seem's like it run's 96 or 98 with a straight bottom.

Either way Parnell / nauti kitty could give you a wealth of info.)
Attached Thumbnails 38 TS with #6's-41saberpo1.jpg  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cougarman
I believe this is the one you are talking about out of California.
Woman owned and if memory serve's me she bought it with the number 6's on it and the EXTENSION BOXES.

EXTENSION BOXES being the down side as it changes the balance point with putting the weight of the drives that much furthur behind the boat.

It cause the boat to porpose,.........not sure if that was only in cruise speed or all the time. I do remember she didn't want to change the set-up cause she liked the BAD A** look of the Drive's what out there on Boxes.

Jon

Thats Ruckus, its a straight bottom, not a Twin Step.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that boat now resides in chicago????
Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
Follow thru on the high output motors is a must. When I first repowered I was disapointed with the way the boat handled around the dock. My trip to Key West in Nov was dampened by a boat that would not idle when docking. When I got back Randy (cobra) spent the time and tweaked it for hours upon hours until he got it right. When I was about ready to give up he assured me it would be fine and just kept making changes. I now have a boat that idles like it had 525s with no issues what so ever. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out but it did take patience and a dedicated engine builder/tuner. See the thread about the skater being repowered thru Youngs performance. They are all custom and just need to be figured out. The yellow cig also runs perfectly from what I hear.
Joe
How about posting a couple of pics of the engine room and transom? That Cig looks fantastic!
Ed
Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't believe I made reference to it being either or ??

Thanks though

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.