Some interesting reading >

Some interesting reading

Notices

Some interesting reading

Old 06-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
U got it my friend !!!! Let's get yours ready !!!!!
Maybe size does matter when your compensating for something else : Smokem if they got them
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by WMF
Maybe you dont like Cigarette's because you cant afford one( Dare Devil)?? I really dont see the reason to compare Cigarette's to a PowerPlay( wich I like) I just think that Dare Devil like to cause trouble!!
I have to agree with this quote. We have seen it before. Only now he is bringing other members down to his level.

A toast to the dumb asses! If we didn't have them our hourly rate would be much less.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

You PP guys make me laugh. PP might be a nice boat, but a Cigarette it is not. You can chit all over the Cig, who cares? In the end, PP is just another wannabee Cig and inferior if you really want to talk about Build Quality and such. Yes, I'm sure there may have been a month or two, when PP had their act together and built a super quality boat, like Cig. But keep in mind, not better. And what about the other months? Consistency is what makes a legend. Finally, enjoy your boats for what they are and don't feel bad that their is not a number one on the side. And go find another tired Cafe to pass to make yourselves feel better. You are not kidding anyone, including yourselves.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

All i can say is ok...if thats how u feel thats fine,,,to me the CIG is not the better boat ,,,not worse either,,,just not worth the pricetag.
And like i said before,,,i had one and been on allot of them ,,nice boats but ,,,,just another boat.

Stay safe and watch out so u don't get passed by me.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I am glad you like your PP. They are nice lookin boats. I always enjoy their profile as I pass them.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Some of u may and some of u don't,,,,,,,,know what the 33PP actually realy is !!!!!??????

But here are some pics,,,and don't tell me it's not impressive.

By the way ,,,ever seen a 33 foot boat run over a 40 foot roller? ( 2nd.PIC )
Congratulations you pics of all 4 33's made before no one else bought them...because why?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You PP guys make me laugh. PP might be a nice boat, but a Cigarette it is not. You can chit all over the Cig, who cares? In the end, PP is just another wannabee Cig and inferior if you really want to talk about Build Quality and such. Yes, I'm sure there may have been a month or two, when PP had their act together and built a super quality boat, like Cig. But keep in mind, not better. And what about the other months? Consistency is what makes a legend. Finally, enjoy your boats for what they are and don't feel bad that their is not a number one on the side. And go find another tired Cafe to pass to make yourselves feel better. You are not kidding anyone, including yourselves.
We are all entitled to our own opinion. I love all boats, including cigs, ol's(heck we owned one) pp's etc. They all have their good points and bad.

Now drag the Gladiator up to Champlain this weekend for the fun run so we can finish this discussion

Last edited by cowisl; 06-03-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DON ARONOW won all these championships back in the day and some followed him in the 80's and early 90's.
Um, no. If you check out my avatar that would be the World Championship boat from 1998 with Craig Barrie at the wheel. Then, Lucky Strike's TS boat (2000 and 2001?) and the Rio Roses boat. Those don't seem like late 80's early 90's to me. Farily recent.

And, it doesn't take a highly modified TG to run well. How about twin 675's and 102mph+ in a side-by-side Bravo/ITS setup? I would think that would give a PP a run for it's money.

I find it funny when another boat manufacturer references Cigarette as a point of comparison - just like the sign that used to be in PP's office.

There's only one original, kinda like Coca-Cola. After all, I never hear someone ask "Is that one of them there Powerplay boats?"
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only reason why Cig is bouncing back and did like 12 times ,,,is because of the name !!!!!!

I did not mean that they are crap ,,,but WAY over priced.

Sorry
No need to apologize! Actually, thanks for not attacking me personally on this discussion .

OSO Steve's opinion of Powerplay boats is a good one, but as one of my great friends, he isn't always into the "whole package" when it comes to toys.

I always 100% agreed with him on the build quality of Powerplay's being right up there with the best. The fit & finish however, just doesn't get it done for me as far as reflecting how nice they are under the "skin".

If it's just the "name" that carries Cigarette through the rough times, then Apache should be booming. Outerlimits, Nortech, Fountain, Hustler, etc are all priced in the same bracket as Cigarettes. OL is probably consistently more, even on their "standard" setups, so Cigarette definitely isn't asking too much for their boats in comparison to their competition?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And I like PP's as well. It is a beautiful world. Let's boat!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Like I said I think the PP is great looking boat, well made and all joking aside I really don't have anything bad to say about them. The PP guys took offense with different leauge comment, so let me say it another way. First of all you are right Cigs are definately more expensive, but that is because the resale is also much better. I believe the quality as well the name is what is behind that. Second Daredevils comment has been all about top speed with the same power, rember you can put nitrous on a honda civic and make it fast for a quarter mile......but it is still a Honda civiv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.