Cool Squadron X11 27/os

looking for information on squadron 27'& pictures
boat hull #XEX270110681
thinking of selling
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the upper right on your screen to just under your login name, click on search - there are many threads on here with info and pics. Mine is modified from stock as far as looks go, but I could send you tons of pics of mine and others, if you e-mail me - [email protected].

You have hull # 11 built in June of 1981. I have #12 built in July of 1981. Last one was # 18 built in 1983. Good luck. There are people out there that want them - be patient - there is nothing out there like them, really.
Attached Thumbnails Squadron X11 27/os-new-vents3-best.jpg   Squadron X11 27/os-south-river-2007-028.jpg   Squadron X11 27/os-cig-27-birthday-2004-3.jpg  

Squadron X11 27/os-cig-27-engine-latest.jpg   Squadron X11 27/os-cig-27-cmon-lets-go.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The is what mine looked like when new...... that's blue, not black.....
Attached Thumbnails Squadron X11 27/os-cig-27-squadron-w-don.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Ed, how's the boat going? Pick up any speed?

Kurt
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianthreeton
looking for information on squadron 27'& pictures
boat hull #XEX270110681
thinking of selling
So are you selling ? Or did you change your mind?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Biggus
Hey Ed, how's the boat going? Pick up any speed?

Kurt
Just lotsa prop slip ! :-) Right now, seems to run about the same speed, except I can run alot harder!! Having a blast - Had to use my labbed 29 mirage plus, the smaller diameter 27 spun too much. Lost bow lift because of loss of bite - 4 blade should fix that and give me more speed with less trim angle I figure. Ready to try some props - Have not GPS'd it yet, and gotta get my pictures ready - I'll do an update thread soon - been too busy boatin'! 28 hours on the drive already......been everywhere since I don't have to worry about bustin gears!! break-in oil change looked right..... and I've stayed with the royal purple.
Attached Thumbnails Squadron X11 27/os-img_2486.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we see some pics of the one you're thinking of selling?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Just lotsa prop slip ! :-) Right now, seems to run about the same speed, except I can run alot harder!! Having a blast - Had to use my labbed 29 mirage plus, the smaller diameter 27 spun too much. Lost bow lift because of loss of bite - 4 blade should fix that and give me more speed with less trim angle I figure. Ready to try some props - Have not GPS'd it yet, and gotta get my pictures ready - I'll do an update thread soon - been too busy boatin'! 28 hours on the drive already......been everywhere since I don't have to worry about bustin gears!! break-in oil change looked right..... and I've stayed with the royal purple.
Great looking 27
have you been out in 4 to 5 footers if so is the boat a dry ride or do you get wet, looking at one now as a project, I have a hd bravo/ bravox drive 670hp package or a konrad ace/ dean gellner blower motor1050hp not dynoed yet. to put in a boat, what power and how much is yours worth if you don't mind me asking. I wish they had a cabin and more freeboard. but my wife has not been in a overnight trip with me in years. so at our age a room for the night. so keep us posted it looks good, do thing one with the blower set up and new cockpit and paint could sell for 70,000 to 85,000 or is that just a dream. I saw one for 35,000 or 40,000 not to long ago but don't know if its new stuff in it or old.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Great looking 27
have you been out in 4 to 5 footers if so is the boat a dry ride or do you get wet, looking at one now as a project, I have a hd bravo/ bravox drive 670hp package or a konrad ace/ dean gellner blower motor1050hp not dynoed yet. to put in a boat, what power and how much is yours worth if you don't mind me asking. I wish they had a cabin and more freeboard. but my wife has not been in a overnight trip with me in years. so at our age a room for the night. so keep us posted it looks good, do thing one with the blower set up and new cockpit and paint could sell for 70,000 to 85,000 or is that just a dream. I saw one for 35,000 or 40,000 not to long ago but don't know if its new stuff in it or old.
I think 35 to 40 would be the limit no mater what you do to it - unless someone out there wants a LipShip version. The last one for 40 I saw was the one with full width bench - great interior, blower motor, sweet paint, but still TRS. They are still an old hull design, and although built super strong, they are gonna be slow compared to some modern designs. I need the strength for the water I see. I have no idea what mine is worth - I paid 25k with nice alumn trailer 6 years ago - I thought that was too much, considering I did not really like how the interior was done - not enough padding - and the paint is a faulty pearl - but I wanted it, and kinda had no choice - had only seen 3 forsale in 15 yrs at the time. My wife had NO interest in sleeping on a boat - so I figured to hell with a cabin - plus I spend alot of time wakeboarding with my kids in it, so I like the ease of entry and exit - runs 18mph on a plane with tabs down and 29" prop at barely 2k rpm! It's a light boat when your in 4-5's, so it depends on the distance between them, and your guts level - go fast and lotsa air, go slow, get wet....... Handles bigger water than say a 24x7 hull for sure, not as good as a 28 cig (heavy!) Lighter and lower than a pantera 28. I would say it's probably closer to a 22 donzi in size and feel, than say a 30 cig, if that helps - although I've never had to back down from fight against any size boat in rough water :-)

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 07-28-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hangtime, i think that one that was 40k is now in the oso classies, asking 32k.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.