03 Mystique No Power $30K on Craigslist & Ebay

Notices

03 Mystique No Power $30K on Craigslist & Ebay

Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Good Lord. I think you'd have to get it for free and use USED parts to come out ahead.

Who in the hell takes things off like the thru-hull exhausts, and the ends off the trim indicators, and the covers over the tanks?

That stuff can't be worth any money..... (maybe the thru-hulls)
To bad I don't have a partner for a boat right now. I have most of the parts in my shop to rebuild that boat. Hardest things for me would be the bolsters, sngine hatch and interior stuff.

I gots 2 engines, and a set of tabs pumps etc. I can get killer deals on new gimbles, and then I would have to buy drives and headers exhaust etc.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Would it be a big deal to convert it to big blocks? Would you need to change the engine mounts on the stringers? Just curious what all is entailed as far as getting the engines to line up correctly.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Would it be a big deal to convert it to big blocks? Would you need to change the engine mounts on the stringers? Just curious what all is entailed as far as getting the engines to line up correctly.
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

Really about the only thing you won't be able to negotiate on will be getting the interor parts and the engine hatch, rams, swim platform etc from cigarette again.

I think those parts will be about as much as the boat itself is going tobe.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do.

Really about the only thing you won't be able to negotiate on will be getting the interor parts and the engine hatch, rams, swim platform etc from cigarette again.

I think those parts will be about as much as the boat itself is going tobe.
I'd build a raised hatch - old school apache style. Try and squezze in a short stagger setup with some supercharged 850's and NXT drives, maybe add some extension boxes if I need more room. Then it would be worth something

You still have those blower motors
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'd build a raised hatch - old school apache style. Try and squezze in a short stagger setup with some supercharged 850's and NXT drives, maybe add some extension boxes if I need more room. Then it would be worth something

You still have those blower motors
That would be a killer ride.

Yeah, still got em. Get about 2 calls a week on them, but most of the guys are from N east etc and don't want to get involved with the freight.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
What did it sell for?
To be honest I dont know, wasnt at the auction..just saw the listing. I have to think its the same boat..how many repo mistiques are on the market these days?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WMF
Great looking boat!!! very interested!! you never know but it does need alot of parts and money!! I think I will give them a call in the morning and make a offer, will have to see what happens!! It is a shame the owner destroyed a great looking boat!!
You have all the parts.......

You could have your rigging swapped over, and then sell your hull. You'd uprade to a TS with some of the best Mystique paint out there for probably a "reasonable" cost (depending on what you recoup on yours vs get this for)?

Or, you cculd then take your time rigging yours out when you come across deals, and sell it complete (or who doesn't need a backup Cig).
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well hell, I thought it had the seats & other obviouus parts?! You mean it has NO interior at all? Basically it's shell with some gauges?

I retract my previous thoughts knowing that it is stripped COMPLETELY. I thought it just needed motors, headers, & drives. I figured with just that, you could find a race team looking to unload that equipment for a pretty good deal. My fault, I misread the info.

Edit: ....and wtf happened to the SEATS??

Last edited by BLee; 06-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:25 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

It is the same set up for Big Blocks of Small blocks, you just change the front engine mount wich is gone!! lol
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
You have all the parts.......

You could have your rigging swapped over, and then sell your hull. You'd uprade to a TS with some of the best Mystique paint out there for probably a "reasonable" cost (depending on what you recoup on yours vs get this for)?

Or, you cculd then take your time rigging yours out when you come across deals, and sell it complete (or who doesn't need a backup Cig).
Those are my thoughts!! but I would not destroy my boat for that boat!! I really dont think it is worth whay they want, I talked to the sellers today, told them 10K, no deal!!

Last edited by WMF; 06-15-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.